Chapter 18

"Hey, give it back!"

I was struggling to retrieve my letter the jerk is persistent. Why did not he return it to me? He keeps it away from my reach. I don't know why he is refusing to give it back.

"You can't have it back easily," he smirks and his eyes are scheming something evil. I feel bad about what he is thinking right now.

"What do you mean?" I am eager to know his reason for resisting my request. I just want to get my belonging back.

"I didn't know you have a secret crush on the blonde idiot. Did not you think writing him a letter sound a little lame?" I don't like the sound of his words when he said that. Letters are lame? It's not just a letter but I put my heart into writing to confess to him. Well, he is a jerk so he does not have any idea.

I admit that I thought, at first, that writing a letter to convey your feelings for someone is just a waste of paper and time until Cho-Cho explains and I got to realize its essence myself.

"It's not lame. You are a jerk so you wouldn't understand just return it to me," I tell him and he remains silent gauging the situation I guess.

"I see, but still I won't give this back to you," he keeps refusing. His cold stares feel like a sharp knife can stab without touching you.

"What do you want?" I ask with seriousness in my tone. I don't want to waste my time forcing him to give it back. My intuition is telling me that he wants to negotiate something with me.

"You know I hate to be someone's toy. Do you know what I mean?" he says while waving the letter in front of me while his other hand is in his pocket. He is going to propose to me, I'm sure about it.

"Just tell me what you want so I can have my property back," I keep my stand firm and sturdy. He seems amused by my words. He sighs before speaking again.

"Well, it's simple. I am taking care of this starting today," he says then walks closer to the wooden table. What is he planning to do with it?

"Hey, what are you scheming? Why not give it back now?" I growl, glaring at his sarcastic face. He shakes his head while smirking.

"One wrong move and the blonde idiot will get a hold of this lame thing," he says while flipping the envelope in his hand. He tries to open it with his filthy fingers but I stop him.

"Don't open it! You have no right opening that envelope. It's mine and you are not the recipient of that letter," I almost shout at him. I heaved after saying it. I feared he will truly open and read what's written in it.

"Oh? What if I..." he scares me by slowly removing the heart sticker that seals the envelope.

"No! Please no," I let out a terrifying growl. He utters in annoyance then his lips curve in an upward motion and stops from removing the sticker.

"Okay, I won't open this in one condition," I'm right he has a proposal.

"What is it?" I ask. He leaves me no choice but to abide by all his conditions.

"You will do whatever I want you to do. Take note that there are no exceptions," wait, what? Is this something like those slave things in the movies?

"You can't be serious," I utter in disbelief. He is not moving from his place nor making any movements.

"Don't you like it? I'll make you choose then, do what I want or I'll send this letter to the blonde idiot," he proposes. Damn this jerk. He smirks looking like a monkey.

My lips are shaking. I don't know how to respond to him. What did I do wrong to him to be punished like this?

"C-Can I think about it?" I ask and he raises his brows. I didn't know why I said it. I will think about it first though I already knew what will be my answer. If I refuse his proposal, he will give the letter to Boruto and I am not ready for the confrontations and given that I haven't rehearsed what to say to him yet.