Chapter XIV

The same Saturday.

The front door opens silently, inviting a few rays of the morning sun inside the house to illuminate the beige wallpaper of the hallway. The confined space gradually lights up as a shadow steps in, enters and carefully closes the door with a small slam.

She carefully places the small white bag containing two objects on the living room table. She takes off her coat, takes off her shoes, puts her heeled boots in the small shoe cabinet and lets out a soft sigh. It's not the best gift... But it will do. After all, she didn't have time to look for the ideal gift.

The young woman decides to put away the familiar white bag in her large black handbag. Closing her eyes, she turns to the window of the living room and lets the sun rays tenderly caress her porcelain face. The beautiful weather, the quietness and the birds' singing form a sweet atmosphere. It is... Reassuring.

Then the stairs start to creak slightly. "Meow~"

"Oh ?" Touko looks down and notices her cat. She kneels down and puts her cold hands on each side of the feline's face to massage its cheeks. The cat purrs happily.

"You're so cute, Darkness" The kitty meows softly and seems to smile at her owner. Then a small laugh comes out of her mouth as she begins to think back to the day she gave a name to her purrloin.

"Darkness."

"Your name is Darkness from now on." says Touko as she looks at the dark-ball that is already tucked away in her little pink bag, while letting a bright smile appear on her face.

"Are you really going to call it that ?" blurts out Cheren as she readjusts his glasses.

"Yeah, that name doesn't fit for such a cute cat !" says Bel.

Touko looks at the sky absentmindedly and seems to think for a little while before retorting. "I think... It suits her just fine."

"But why ??"

"... It's a dark purple cat-"  The trainer answers by puffing up one of her cheeks.

"... What an unexpected response" Cheren and Bel start laughing.

"Guys, let Tou call it what she wants, it's always better than 'Chocolate', 'Garfield', 'Tigger' ou 'Kitty'." Red lets out a small laugh as he strokes his friend's head affectionately.

"Some people really call their cats 'Chocolate' ..?"

Red nods with a smile, then adds. "But I'm curious too, why the rather unusual name ?"

"I don't really... know, it's part of me..." In the moment, she wonders why she's saying this, or why her chest is tightening. But she'll never have an answer.

"But it's decided, my little Darky is going to force all the pokemons and their trainers to kneel before her !"

The three friends laugh out loud as the trainer's face lights up.

"Ah... I got lost in thought again." The young woman shakes her head and heads to her room; she plans to get ready to go out. And...

'The Ferris wheel is reopening, are you in ?'

How could she refuse to go out ? It's such a beautiful day ahead.

She opens her wardrobe and lets her eyes browse the different clothes in it.

A small nervous laugh comes out of her mouth. Touko scratches the back of her neck and closes her eyes.

"Ah... Let's put on a dress for once." She thinks to herself as she pulls a modest but beautiful white dress out of the closet.