Chapter XI

Narrator POV

A few days have passed following the events that occurred. The two weeks of vacation came at the right moment for the students and teachers of the school. It wasn't long before the police arrived on the scene one evening to arrest a man. However, apart from the staff, the teachers and the school principal, no one knows the identity of the suspect who was arrested, nor the occupation, nor the age and the motive. And since it was just before the school closed, there were few people left for the police to investigate the sordid fact.

Haruna, curious and gossipy as she is, informed her older brother. He told his friends, who discussed it with Red. Then the news started to spread quite quickly, like a virus, until it reaches Touko and Mei's ears.

"Do chu think they arrwsted a stoodent in our classh ?" asks Mei while eating chips.

Our two protagonists are currently at Bel's house. They decided to go to the little blonde's house to celebrate the end of the classes as it should be. Mei, having brought her laptop, some accessories and of course, some food, is installed on a desk chair. While Touko didn't bring anything because she doesn't intend to sleep. She had her mind elsewhere and had planned something else. She took her mind off the novel she was reading to look at her friend.

"I...don't think so" she replies quietly and hesitating for a moment, as she places the book on her legs.

"Mhm, 'anyway, we are on vacation, so let's not talk about it anymore!" expresses the youngest with a smile. The pink door opens on the fly, making Touko jump.

"I'VE FOUND CUPCAKES!!" Bel shouts as she sprints towards her desk to place them clumsily on it to create some sort of cake display. Mei's eyes widen, the girl lets out a small squeal of delight.

"Finally~!" She says, pouncing on the colorful cupcakes while the other student just stares at her friends for a brief moment before diving back into the book, looking blank

"Finally~!" She says, pouncing on the colorful cupcakes while the other student just stares at her friends for a brief moment before diving back into the book, looking blank. Bel clears her throat and scratches her head as she stares at the brunette.

"Is everything okay Tou?" she asks in a clear voice. The person concerned only nods with a small reassuring smile. In truth, a lot of things are bothering her. Be it N's return, the strange atmosphere, Randy's attitude, and most of all...the assault. How could she forget this event.

How do you live in a world like this, feeling so weak and scared about absolutely everything. It's like life doesn't give her a break. Not to mention the news in the local paper or even on TV, announcing more dangers. But she couldn't help but think that she's probably not the only one. Maybe she's overthinking it after all. She lets out a slight sigh. I'm maybe tired...

"Ah also, how would you like to go to the beach within a week ?!" exclaims Mei suddenly, jumping up and down on the spot like a crazy person.

"In this season ?" Bel raises an eyebrow at Mei and shakes her head. One of Touko's eyes begins to blink nervously. "N-no thanks...don't want to meet the wrong people.." she says, hiding her face with the book. Mei sighs and quickly raises her arms. "Okaay."