Chapter IX

[A little earlier]

Mei POV

"Mei ? Where are you running like that ?" I look up and take Dake's hand.

Hold up... Dake ?!

Touko POV

Randy, mad as hell, stops and kills me with his eyes, without adding anything. I sigh as soon as I see him leave.

I turn around and see a smiling Mr. Kuro...

Touko/Mei POVs

"Oh shit..."

[Now]

Mei POV

"What's going on ?" Dake tugs on my arm to get me up. Oh, he's wearing fancy clothes today !

I snap out of my thoughts and reply, "No time to explain, I gotta lose him !" I point at the goth guy, turn back to Dake and unconsciously grab his wrist to run away with him. My eyes land on his hands; he's wearing leather mittens... Does he have a motorcycle or something ? I decide to head for the teacher's lounge. But he takes my hand and quickly directs me somewhere else. We then start running in a place that is unknown to me. I didn't really visit the whole school... But it's with surprise that I understand we joined the other side of the schoolyard; this side there is empty, there is nobody, not a rat !

"Who was that dude ?" Dake asks me, he is still holding my hand. Huuuhhh...I decide not to do anything to stop him. He turns his head to stare at me and waits for my answer. "He was a friend of a friend of Touko's, sort of..." I say with a nervous laugh. "Eh, but why are you running away from him then ?"

"Because a certain clumsy girl made one too many jokes at the wrong time !" I replied.

"But where is your friend ? Weren't you with her ?" he asks again. He's so annoying...

"She's escaping her burning date that is beyond hot !" I end up telling him this in a weary, jaded voice. When I put my gaze on him to make him understand not to insist, he automatically shuts up and contracts his grip on my hand then takes me to a corner of the schoolyard I never visited.

"Wh-?" I didn't even have time to understand what the hell was going on when he cut me off when I wanted to ask him the question.

"We'll be better off here" he tells me simply. He leans against the concrete wall and crosses his arms against his chest. I decide to do the same, looking around. Without any possible reason, Dake pulls lightly on his shirt, while looking at me for a moment, his collarbones are sticking out then a smirk appears.

I look away as quickly as I can

I look away as quickly as I can. How did he know I love clavicles ?! I think sarcastically, cause, I hate it. I puff out my cheeks like a hamster as I fight through my thoughts, trying not to think of weird stuff again...Yes, I'm stealing Touko's technique, what do you want ? That's my role. Not my fault, it's hers.