Chapter VI

"Sorry, but seeing the time, I think I'll go home" Touko says. The boys greets her while walking on the opposite way.

2 weeks later...

Narrator POV

   15 days have passed, Mei and Hugh became friends at the same time as Touko and N had their discussion. Touko tried to explain the events which followed the departure of the young trainer with the pistachio hair; N apologized for being gone for so long and without giving any news, he then offered to re-establish the same ties and relationships that he describes as 'close' with the trainer in question. Obviously, she accepted. On Mei's side, the relationship with her crush has improved, but despite Haruna and Touko's efforts and encouragement, she still hasn't confessed her feelings; she even tends to deny them.

But for now, on a Saturday night, Mei decides to invite her friends Haruna and Touko to a slumber party, where they would spend their time watching anime, playing video games, gorging on rainbow cupcakes and talking about boys.

Touko, as always, arrives early as she brings her things, her laptop and a few packets of mouthwatering treats. And, as usual, Haruna arrives at least 1 hour late, bringing lots of cakes, sodas, crisps and her precious collection of colorful stuffed animals. This kind of small meeting between high school student was and will always remain a pleasant moment to escape from everyday life and above all, to escape from stress. Especially for one of them.

"Gimme some chips pls" While Haruna gives Mei the packet of crisps, Touko decides to browse the Internet. "HEEEYY!" Mei complains, staring at her TV screen. 

"HahAHaAH! Your shitty Kirby can't do anything against my dear Ike !!" Haruna giggles as she jumps onto the mattress. Touko lets out a chuckle as she watches the 2 crazy girls playing SSB. While browsing the Web, the young girl comes across one of the recent articles from Nuvema's press concerning the city itself, Striaton City and Aspertia City. This is an excerpt from the local newspaper.

" ᴏᴍɪɴᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴀᴛ ʟᴀʀɢᴇ. ".

"Huh ?" Touko clicks on the link to see the full testimonial.

"ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴇᴋꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴜɴᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀꜱ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴍɪɴᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪꜱᴇ. ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴀ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʙᴏʏ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇʟʏ ᴛᴇʟʟꜱ ʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ.
« ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, » ꜱᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ.
« ɪ ꜱᴀᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏᴘᴇɴ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪᴛ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇᴅ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ɪ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴅ. ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴡᴀʀᴅꜱ, ɪ ꜱɪᴍᴘʟʏ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟᴇᴅ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ. ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴊᴜᴍᴘᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀᴀʏ ᴏꜰ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ɪʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴄᴜʀᴛᴀɪɴꜱ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀɪʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ. ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ; ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ, ᴏᴍɪɴᴏᴜꜱ ᴇʏᴇꜱ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏʀᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ... ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴘʟᴀɪɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴇʀʀɪꜰɪᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ꜱᴀᴡ ʜɪꜱ ᴍᴏᴜᴛʜ. ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ, ʜᴏʀʀᴇɴᴅᴏᴜꜱ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴅʏ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴜᴘ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ. ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ, ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴇᴇᴍᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ, ʜᴇ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ɪᴛ. ᴀ ꜱɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴘʜʀᴀꜱᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋ. »