that's my man (bonus part)

Start from the beginning

Their friends have come along for the trip, and while they didn't take Scarlett with them, they had offered to look after Willow and Lucas while Taylor and Joe went to dinner that night.

Taylor laughed at Joe's comments and snuggled up to him, handing a dandelion over to Willow, whose tears had reduced.

"Oh, you look so..." Joe trailed off, gazing at Taylor's figure.

"Gorgeous?" Taylor smirked. "Thank you."

"I was going to go with hot," Joe placed his hands on her hips and pulled her in closer.

"Works for me." Taylor said, sliding her hands down her dress.

"Ready to go? We just have to drop off Tizzie and Lucas at Eleanor's, but there's plenty of time to spare."

"Um, actually... Can we talk?" Taylor said nervously, biting her lower lip.

"Hm?" Joe said down on their bed, holding her hand.

"I know you meant this as a joke earlier, but am I getting old?"

"What?" Joe was shocked. "Why would you think that you're getting old, babe?"

"I don't know..." Taylor trailed off. "I'm in my thirties now and it's been fun, but as I'm halfway to forty I kind of feel like I'm not timeless anymore, and I should gradually accept it."

"Love, you're not old at all. You're still young and gorgeous and healthy, and I'd love you regardless if you're old or not." he kissed her forehead gently to reassure her.

Taylor sighed. "I don't even know myself where this is coming from, and I just got scared because you know, I couldn't catch up with a fucking three year old today, and sometimes, I just... forget things. I never used to do that."

"Babe, be easy on yourself, you were wearing heels for God's sake, and it was on an uneven field. And it's okay if you forget things, everyone does that. You're being too hard on yourself here."

"Thank you," Taylor mumbled, cuddling into Joe's chest. "You make everything right."

"And you do the same for me," Joe said, rubbing circles onto her open bare back. "You're not old, okay? I love you."

"Good." Taylor's response was short and muffled by Joe's button down shirt.

"We still have a long way to go, lovie. We still have to watch our little cheekies grow up first." Joe reassured her.

"Please stay with me through all that." Taylor whispered.

"I promised you at our wedding two years ago and I'd promise you again anytime," Joe replied. "Because I love you."

"To the moon and to saturn," Taylor said, smiling lightly.

"I know you could still show me a good time later," Joe said, kissing her neck.

"Dammit," Taylor melted into his hands, but quickly pushed him away and stood up. "We have to drop off our kids and get to our reservation."

Joe watched in awe as she walked away, her hips slightly swaying. She picked up Lucas, while Joe grabbed Willow's hand and their night bag.

"That was a good dinner," Taylor said. "Favourite dish?"

The couple had made a habit of discussing their favourite dishes every time they went out to a restaurant, and it only proved how similar they were, since most of the time it was the same dish.