XIV - the lucky ones

18th December

"Hey babe," Joe said, wrapping his arms around Taylor from behind. In his hands were two golden envelopes with their names written in scrolls.

"What is this?" Taylor mumbled, taking the one with her name out of his hand.

"Hogwarts acceptance letters," Joe joked, ripping open the envelope.

Taylor did likewise, pulling out a thick white card.

She gasped. "Oh my, it's the premiere invite to our movie."

"Our movie, I like the sound of that."

"It's on May 31st." Taylor scanned the page.

"That's five months away, we have plenty of time."

"I'm gonna go look up designers to work with for my dress," Taylor said, getting up and placing a kiss on his head. "Bye."

"Bye shopaholic."

"I'm not!" she yelled back from the stairs.

He chased up to her and tackled her from behind, tickling her sides.

"Stop it!" she squeaked, pushing him away with her foot. "I hate you!"

Joe finally stopped and watched her as she caught her breath. "Love you too," he said, kissing her cheek.

Taylor shrugged him off dramatically and carries on walking up the stairs, turning around to blow him a kiss before disappearing from his view.

------

May 31st

"I love it," Taylor said, twirling around in it.

"You look beautiful," Joe said, blushing.

"Thank you," Taylor winked cheekily at him.

It was a few months later and they were in LA getting ready for the premiere at their house. Taylor opted to save a bit of money by doing her own makeup and she chose to do a classic Taylor look with eyeliner and red lipstick. She looked in the mirror and brushed her finger over her lip. It was a bit swollen since she had an ulcer and it hurt too.

After doing her hair into a classy bun with her bangs neatly combed, she put on her earrings and walked over to where Joe was.

He was putting hair gel in his hair, wearing a blue suit and tie.

"Ready?" he mumbled.

Taylor fixed his crooked tie and kissed his lips, leaving a red mark on them.

"Yes."

They got to the venue through a limo and Joe got out of the car first. It was Taylor's first big red carpet event with many press and interviewers and paparazzi so she was a little nervous. Joe, on the other hand, had a bit more experience since he was an actor. He opened the door to Taylor's side and reached out his hand for her to grab and she stepped out of the car, earning a collective gasp from the crowd .

Joe didn't let go of her hand when they stepped on the red carpet, posing every few seconds while the paparazzi snapped pictures of them. They made a gorgeous couple, both tall and with four blue eyes. They held hands tightly until the had to separate only for the interviews.

Taylor walked up to the interviewer who beckoned her over.

"Hey Taylor!" she said.

"Hey!"

"So I understand this is your first big movie, and this director is someone you look up to. How does it feel?"

"Well, it's quite overwhelming but so fun at the same time. I'm honestly quite proud of this because I wrote the whole script myself, which I've never done before."