XI - all the girls

"Hello?"

"Am I speaking with Taylor?"

"Yes, um, who is this?"

"It's Abi."

Taylor gasped excitedly. "Abi, oh my goodness it's been so long!"

"Is there any chance you are returning to Nashville for Christmas? I want to see you again," she said.

"Yeah I am. Also, I'm bringing Joe with me. You remember him?"

"Oooh... What's going on between you two now?"

"We reunited on a plane in August and we're dating now, he's actually here at my place at the moment."

"Ah I see, I remember all that teasing and fooling around you guys did, I can't wait to see him again."

"Believe me, we still do that a lot, it's like we never grew up."

"Except now you guys fool around in bed too," Abigail smirked.

"Abi shut up!" Taylor laughed. "Anyways, do you wanna go somewhere together on the 27th?"

"Yeah sure, I'm already in Nashville so that would work well for me."

"Okay then, I'm so excited to see you again soon!"

"Same here, bye for now."

"Bye!" Taylor hung up her phone and walked back over to Joe.

"Who was that?" he asked curiously.

"Abi from elementary school," she replied. "She was my best friend and I ranted to her a lot about you," she laughed.

"Such a meanie," Joe said, embracing her. "Pizza for lunch?"

Taylor nodded, getting up to get her phone again to order.

--------

February 21st

It was Joe's Birthday and Joe had decided he wanted to spend the day in a simple way.

Two months ago Taylor had reunited with Abigail and they were now back to like the old times with daily texts and inside jokes. For Christmas, they had dinner at Taylor's parents' place and they went back to their old school again but this time with Abigail. On New Year's day, they had their first New Year's kiss on the rooftop and they knew there were many yet to come.

They woke up and Taylor made him waffles with blueberries and served it to him in bed, then they spent the majority of the day at his parents' house. On New Year's day they officially announced themselves as a couple, which they were accepted with open hands. Particularly Elizabeth, because her fantasy of them getting together when they grew up had come true. Patrick had come to love Taylor, since she was like the older sister he never had. She would play video games with him, drive him around to his friend's when no one else would and even give him advice on many things.

At nighttime, she brought him to a restaurant called Bob Bob Ricard in Soho. They had a marvelous drunken time playing with the "press for champagne" button and they shared a beef wellington for two with a lobster mac and cheese. They finished off their meal with a blueberry pavlova and went home tipsy and satisfied. Taylor was giggling and Joe had to hold onto her arm to stabilize her as they were walking up the driveway.

24th April

Taylor was sitting with Joe on the rooftop, and Joe was drinking a beer while she was drinking hot chocolate. She had been feeling queasy all day, and her period was late. She decided not to bring it up with Joe yet and take a test the next day. She was slightly anxious about it all since they had never discussed having children or even getting married before, since they had only been together for less than a year.