VII - calamitous love

The duo sat unto the stars and cuddled up together, stealing glances when they thought the other wasn't looking then blushing.

Joe looked at Taylor and placed a soft kiss onto her temple, while Taylor buried her face into his neck.

Taylor was going to confess but she was so afraid of what might happen, so she just sat silently and played with her hands. Joe grabbed her hand to stop her fidgeting and smiled at her. Taylor was instantly comforted by his calming aura but she felt her eyelids drooping. They soon weighed themselves down and she fell asleep snuggled into Joe. He heard her soft snores and removed his arms away from her, releasing them from her grip. He made sure the blanket was still wrapped around her and carried her back into their cabin. He gently placed her onto her bed and pressed another kiss onto her forehead. He climbed into his own bed and both of them fell asleep, dreaming of each other.

The following morning they decided to go on a hike in Scafell Pike after breakfast. Taylor grabbed Joe's hand and intertwined their fingers as they walked down the trail, gazing at the view.

"What do you imagine your future to be like?" Joe asked randomly.

"Um... I want to find a man who loves me and then get married and have ten kids and teach them how to dream..." Taylor mused. "Also, I want to be proposed to here and I will get an opal ring instead of a diamond one because they're just so pretty," she gushed.

Joe looked at her admiringly and chuckled at her small fantasy. "Ten kids is quite a lot," he said.

"I don't care Joseph." she said dramatically.

Along the trail, Joe took out his phone and snapped multiple pictures of Taylor. An older couple saw the pair struggling to take a selfie and offered to help them take one.

"What a lovely couple," the lady commented.

"Oh- we're not a couple", Joe said, but they had already walked away.

By the time they finished the trail, it was already 2:30. pm. They decided to get a late lunch and walked to a small cafe. They sat down to order and when the food came, Taylor eyed Joe's dish hungrily.

"I gotta get whatever you get at restaurants from now on, it looks delicious."

Joe smirked at her and twirled his pasta around his fork.

"Open wide," he said and shoved the fork into her mouth.

She chewed and swallowed thoughtfully then winked at Joe.

"I like mine better," she giggled.

"You know, we should make this trip an annual thing. Like every year in September we come to the lakes together." Joe said.

"Oh yes! From the 13th to 18th every year!" Taylor's eyes sparkled.

———————

After their lunch, they decided to go into the hot tub back in their cabin.

Taylor rummaged through her luggage and sighed loudly.

"No, No, NO please don't tell me this is happening."

"What's going on Taylor?" Joe asked worriedly.

"I forgot to bring a swimsuit," she sighed.

She made up her mind in a few seconds and put on a t- shirt and shorts instead.

They climbed into the hot tub together, each holding a glass of wine in their hand. Taylor slowly made her way towards Joe. She sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.