X - bridges burn

"Oh my goodness," Taylor whispered.

They both knew what it was. Instantly. With his hands still wrapped around her, she slowly unfurled the crumpled up piece of paper. It was that note Joe wrote to her years ago in apology, after their fight involving Inez. Taylor had kept it all along.

"Hi Tay
I'm sory sorry that I didn't sit with you on the bus and I was mean to you. I hope we can still be friends.
Love, Joe"

They read it silently together, both giggling at the spelling error he had made and the pureness of the note.

"This is so cute Joe, I'm keeping it forever," Taylor said, folding it up and putting it into her pocket.

He grabbed the note out of her pocket and stuffed it in his. "Mine now," he said cheekily.

Just then, Andrea called them downstairs for dinner.

"Ah, we're not going down yet," he cupped her cheeks and gave her a kiss first. She kissed him back and prolonged the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. After a while, they ran out of breath and Taylor grabbed his hand. They walked downstairs with hands intertwined and Andrea smirked seeing them.

"Hello lovers," she said. "Dinner is served."

Over their dinner of lasagna and salad, they made casual conversation.

"So guys, after you leave, are you returning to London?"

"Yeah," she said, still unaware of Joe's surprise.

Joe smirked, looking down at his plate. Andrea caught it and nudged him gently from under the table.

"Tell me later," she mouthed at him.

Joe nodded, blushing.

The next day, the rest of Taylor's family came and they celebrated Thanksgiving together. Joe told Andrea about his surprise and she gasped excitedly, clapping her hands and giving Joe a motherly hug.

"You're perfect for my Taylor," she whispered.

A few hours later, Taylor and Joe found themselves at the airport.

"Babe, where are our plane tickets? I don't see any flights to London right now."

"What if I told you we aren't returning to London?"

Taylor frowned. "Where else would we go? It's not a good idea to kidnap me now, Joseph."

Joe chuckled. "Well," he said, staring right into her eyes. "I thought maybe you would like to spend our two month anniversary in New York. Bowery Hotel."

Taylor gasped excitedly. "For real?"

"Of course," he smiled.

"You aren't that slick William Bowery," she said, entwining her arms around him.

"Ah, love you too. But we got to get to our gate babe," Joe said, picking up their luggage.

Several hours later, they arrived in New York, both exhausted from traveling. They checked into their hotel room quickly and fell asleep, cuddled up together.

They enjoyed their stay over the next three days thoroughly, dining at the city's signature restaurants and exploring New York City on bikes together. Taylor was so excited to see her favourite musicals on Broadway, dragging Joe with her. For their anniversary, they had dinner at Gemma, the restaurant in the hotel itself. Right before they left for the airport, they went to Serendipity3 for the famous frozen hot chocolate.

15th Dec
Two days ago, Taylor spent her 27th birthday with Joe and his family in London. As a surprise, Andrea had flown over and she was ecstatic to say the least. Joe had given her a shadow box filled with their polaroids and red rose petals. He also gave her a bracelet with an infinity symbol as a pendant. She had loved both of the presents, giving him a peck on the lips that turned into a steamy make out session.
The pair were currently doing their nightly ritual of sitting on the rooftop and relaxing together. They were back in London, and they decided they would settle there for the time being. Joe was basically living there, being there early in the morning and returning there after his work. Often he would stay the night too, so Taylor had suggested that he move over. He agreed without hesitation, so it was their place now.