21

JJ's POV
"Kiddo. Emily loves you. We all know it, but she knows it too. I'm sure being back has just been hard for her." Rossi sighed. I nodded.

We ordered food and Derek noticed the unsub go towards the kitchen. Emily followed him and left her earpiece at her table.

"JJ go." Hotch said. I followed after her and she snuck by the kitchen door. "What the fuck?" I said. She whipped around and looked surprised.

"Fuck. I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm used to working alone." She groaned. "It's fine. Just don't die." I smiled. I looked over her shoulder and saw the unsub looking at us.

"Sorry." I whispered before pulling her head towards me. She didn't pull back and grabbed my head. It felt nice. I relaxed and shrank a little.

She pulled back and I just looked at her. "Im assuming he was looking." She smirked. I nodded. I took a small step back and looked back towards the table.

"They aren't there." I whispered. Our team was gone. "We went outside." Hotch said in my ear. We met up and learned that the unsub was meeting a buyer in a nearby park. We were assigned to try to find him.

We sat on the grass by a tree watching a park bench. "So that kiss. What was it?" I asked. I couldn't face her. "Uh. I think it was just for the case." She sighed.

"Was it?"

A guy started walking towards the bench but slowed when he saw us. "Do it." She said. I looked at her and she pulled me on her. We started kissing and it hurt.

I desperately wanted it to all be real and for these feelings to be real. I laid on top of her and tried to soak it all in.

I heard Derek yell at the unsub and I stopped immediately. "I'm sorry." I breathed and got up to join the team. We brought the guy to the station and Garcia got us hotel rooms.

I went to my room and just sat down in the shower. I messed this up. I messed all of it. I shouldn't have gone and kissed her. I dried off and went to lay in my bed.

Someone knocked on the door and it was her. Without thinking I went to kiss her again. I pulled her in my room and led her to the bed. She crawled up to the end of the bed and pulled me with her.

"It wasn't just the case." She whispered. I nodded and kept going. I sat on my knees and brushed her hair back.

Finally. I have been waiting to be with Emily for years. I thought that was it. I thought I lost my chance. But she's here. And we're together. And we stayed together the whole night.