6

"I won't. I won't give you my dads watch. He was my dad too. And I didn't even know he died." I said, almost yelling.

"I have to go." I said slowly walking out the door. JJ ran after me and drove us back to her place. When I got there, I showered and fell asleep in the guest room.

"I have a paperwork day. You can come to the office with me and do whatever if you don't want to be alone." JJ said the next morning.

Its true. I don't want to be alone right now. I got ready and I got to meet her friends. The one that picked us up from the airport was there and so we're some guys too.

Emily brought us lunch and we sat in JJ's office all lunch. I kept seeing glances and smiles between them and as soon as Emily left I brought them up.

"You're really lucky. You have two people in love with you." I said poking at my salad leftovers.

"What? I don't have two?" She defended. "Jen. I can see the way she looks at you. And you look at her the same way. What's stopping you?" I asked.

"So much is stopping me. It's a lot of paperwork and I don't know how mom would react." She said, looking out the window at Emily.

"You're scared mom won't accept you." She nodded. "I have been to star kid since I was like 9. No detention, no tickets, no getting grounded. I don't do things that would get me in trouble."

"Jennifer. I am going to be honest with you. That was the look I gave Alyssa. And I see it in both of you." She looked at Emily and then at me.

"I don't know what to do. I don't like Will but he made it clear I can't end things. I want Emily. I always have." She whispered.

"What do you mean about Will?"

"Apparently, women can't dump the man in the relationship. We have talked about it before. I'm stuck." She sighed.

"Ok we can have you meet him in a public place, he won't blow up there, the team can be surrounding you incase anything goes bad and we can bug the table." I offered.

"It might work. You would make a good profiler." She smiled. "Nah. I like my photography degree."
I said drinking my fruit punch.