3

I finally answered Jennifer's call and met her at some restaurant. "You can't be smoking Sophia. Not only is it not legal here yet, but you are 20. It isn't legal either way." She said.

"It's not that bad. It isn't harming anyone. Get your own life and stay out of mine." I said at her and started walking away.

"Do her parents know about this?" She yelled. I turned around and finally listened to her. "I had a friend do some digging and if this gets out Alyssa could lose her scholarships."

"No. It wasn't her. This was all me. She didn't smoke at all. It was only me doing everything." I yelled at her.

"Sophia..." She tried saying. I just stormed off. I sat on a bench and called Alyssa. She answered crying.

"Someone told my parents. They said I had been getting high and now my parents want me to end things. Sof. I don't know what to do." She cried into the phone.

"Then end things. Blame everything on me. You can't lose the scholarships or grants, I won't let you. Everything was me, you did nothing. Go home and sort it out. Lys, please." I said, trying to find a way around this.

"I can't lose you either. I love you." She whimpered. "I know. I love you too. But you are an amazing student and daughter. I can't let all that go. Please end things. We'll figure it out."

"I'm sorry Sophia."

"I know." Was the last thing I said to her before hanging up.

I looked and saw Jennifer in the phone and I walked up to her.

"You did this. I didn't want to come and now I lost the only person that ever loved me. Your boyfriend called her parents and they made her end it. This is all your fault. If I ever see your asshole of a boyfriend I will kill him." I cried pointing at her.

"Sophia believe me. I didn't know he called them. I never wanted you to lose her. I'm so sorry."

"Fuck you Jennifer Jareau. Fuck you." I spat as I stormed off. I didn't really have anywhere to go so I sat back down on the bench and cried. I hugged my legs to my chest and let every feeling out.

I waited for an hour before going back to my hotel. I called an Uber to bring me to the airport and got on the first flight home.

When I got to the apartment, I just sat on my bed and I didn't move for a while.

"It's me Sophia. My team is working on a case and I want to talk to you. I sent you my hotel, just ask for Jareau."

That was the only message I got all week. I had nothing better to do so I got ready, ate, smoked a blunt and left for the hotel.

"This is Emily. My friend and teammate. We're sharing a room. Is that ok?" Jennifer asked. I looked at the brunette woman in the room and glared at Jennifer.

"Are you sure you want your baby sister being near your friend?" I asked. Jennifer rolled her eyes and sat on the bed.

"What is wrong with you? Nothing I do is enough is it?" She asked. I laughed and turned to her. "Look at yourself. You are a fucking FBI agent and you were the best student in school. Mom and dad bragged about you at every event we went to." I yelled.

"That's not my fault. I can't control them." She said.

"No. You can't. But you could treat me like an adult and not an obligation. I'm your fucking sister, not some kid. I am your little sister, and when do you ever call me? When you need something."

"Don't swear." She said quietly.

"Of course. Little miss perfect doesn't like swearing. I'm assuming when you heard I smoked you had a heart attack."

"Yes. Because you are ruining your life. Every decision you have made have caused you trouble. You aren't treated like an adult because you aren't one. And you won't be until you get your act together." Jennifer stood up and we were eye to eye.

"I don't give a fuck. I'm not going to do anything for this family when everyone in it hates me." I said.

"Not everyone hates you in this family. That's insane and rude." She said back.

"You're right." I said waiting for a response. "The only one that loved me is six feet under." Jennifer's mouth hung open and stormed to the bathroom. The door slammed and I left for the hall.

I went to the vending machine to get a snack and got a bag of Cheetos. I think I ate one before her friend came out.

"Funny. Those are JJ's favorite too." She said behind me.

Without thinking I spit the one in my mouth, into the bag, dropped them and stepped on them.

"Give them to her then." I said walking away. Emily showed me to a couch and I sat across from her.

"You know she misses you. Like a lot. She has a picture of you on her desk." Emily said quietly. "Yeah well it's only for appearance." I said back.

"Can I ask why you hate your family? I mean I hate mine but that's for a different reason." She asked.