Chapter (20) Cherished

Start from the beginning

His innocent mind didn't even want to think of the consequences he would face if someone got to know about him being outside of his room.

The younger boy poked his tongue out as he wet his dry, chapped lips, his hands itched to hold the puppy in his small hands. He also wanted to swing the puppy in the air like his brother.

But those bambi eyes become big like saucers, as an inaudible gasped left from his mouth when those black charcoal eyes met with those black ones holding a glint of coffee brown color.

The only difference they had.

Those small feet hurriedly turned around in an attempt to run back to his prison, but the kid winced when he bumped into the wall, causing him to fall down on his bum.

Before the kid could get up and run away from there, his identical twin was standing there in front of holding the puppy in one hand.

Both the similar doe bambi eyes stared at each other, the one shining with confusion so the other were wide with fear.

Before the small kid could open his mouth, the older one stretched his hand toward him making him squeal in surprise expecting a hit.

"You want to play ?" The scared kid opened his eyes to see the white puppy just in front of him, two small hands holding him in the air.

His eyes widened as he looked up at his brother who was looking at him with a soft smile on his lips.

The small kid hesitantly shook his head, moving his gaze downward, he was too scared to say a "yes".

"It's okay I promise I will not tell anybody." The kid promised as he gave an assuring smile to the other, who stared at him for a moment before hesitantly stretching his hands out.

A wide bunny smile formed on his lips when those small fingers felt the soft fur of the pup. The smaller kid stroked the puppy's fur lovingly as his doe eyes filled with happiness. 

The elder boy smiled the same bunny smile looking at his baby brother lovingly.

He knew how his father treated him, he knew how much his father differentiated between them, 

Of course it was hard for a 7 year old kid to take a hardcore training without breaks throughout the day.

But it was harder for a 7 year old kid to be locked in the same room for the last 2 years, to accept the anger of his own father who abandoned him on the day he was born. It was much harder to take the punishment for the deed the kid never did.

The elder kid smiled looking fondly at his younger brother who was now talking to the puppy, smiling.

But the smile faded, replaced with a horror filled expression when both the boy's ears got filled with the opening of the mansion's door. 

Indicating that their father was back.

The smaller kid hurriedly stood up as his body visibly shivered, the elder feeling bad for him.

"I-i have to g-go. S-sir will pu-punish me a-again, h-he w-will---" The kid stumbled on his words as his eyes already glistened with tears.

"Hey, hey calm down calm down." The other kid tried to calm him down, as he engulfed the terrified kid into his arms. 

They must be of the same age, but the elder boy had become sharper because of his training, his mind was much more mature than his age.

Where the smaller got scared easily, the elder was opposite of him; he was fearless even in this small age.