You Bring Me Home

Summary: Harry finally comes home from being deported for six years.

I want to make it clear that the army themes in this oneshot may not be correct. It is just a fluffy idea that popped into my head. Enjoy :)

______

Being married to a soldier in the military wasn't easy.

They were constantly separated; and when they were finally able to be together, they were only allowed such little moments at a time. They craved those short phone calls and long letters they received. Any bit that kept them close and reminded of one another.

It was hard.

Torturous for the heart.

While one only wanted to support the other, in the process, that same person lost a piece of themselves every second of every day. And the latter just wanted to fight for their country. Sacrificing time away from his home and family. But they survived. Through the long days and lonely nights. After years, this is what they waited for.

To be together again.

______

Louis wiped his hands dry with the patterned towel, just having finished the piles of dishes from the past week that he let pile up. Again. He let out a sigh as he thought of all the other chores and errands he had to finish. He just never got a break these days. It was teach at the preschool from early morning to late afternoons on weekdays, and then over the weekends, he was in and out of the house running around town.

Louis huffed, letting his eyes drift out the window above the sink, watching as Oliver ran around the open, grassy yard. His golden fur glowing in the sun. Two years ago, on his twenty-eighth birthday, his husband had surprised him with the sweet creature and they'd been best friends ever since. Oliver kept Louis company and kept the house feeling like home while his lover was away.

Oliver came running over to the back door, pushing himself through the dog door and making his way to his water bowl. Chugging some water down sloppily, he then turns to his owner with a dripping mouth and smiling teeth.

"Hey, Oli," Louis's lips quirked up and his voice stayed quiet. He crouched down and scratched at the dog's ears, watching as the dog panted in delight. "How ya doing?"

In response, Oliver jumped forward, paws landing in Louis's arms where the boy quickly caught them and then he licked all over his owners face.

"Mmph! Oli-m!" Louis giggled, trying to keep his mouth shut. The sweet puppy ended up knocking them both over, continuing to love all over Louis's face until Louis eventually calmed him, bribing him with a treat. "There you go, my sweet boy. Now go play." He spoke to the creature, his lips quirked up.

Oliver panted, leaning forward on his paws in a playful motion, but seeing as Louis snapped his fingers and pointed outside, he squirmed through the dog door once more, running into the wide, green backyard. Joining the kids who played ball from nearby houses, and they gladly invited him in.

Louis chuckled to himself. That dog was more social then he was. And he himself had been living in this house for eight years now.

It took him a moment to notice a ringing was coming from the small dining room connecting to the kitchen. So he quickly made his way to the short, circled table and picked up the iPad that rested upon it.

Louis felt his heart soar and small smile overtook his tired face. He moved quickly, seating himself at the table and pressing the green button on the screen.

"Hey, Boo," The deep, angelic voice filled his ears. "What're you up to?"

Louis felt every tense muscle in his body relax and he sat back in his seat, forgetting about all his troubles for the moment. "Hi.." He whispered as if in a trance. His mood completely flipped at seeing his lover, and he felt it sincerely as his chest filled with happiness. Even seeing Harry over a screen brought such delight to his gloomy day. "Um.. nothing much. Chores and... work. What about you, love?"