054

billie

"billie, are you okay?" finneas knocked on the bathroom door.

"no."

"can i come in?"

"yeah."

he opened the door and i watched as he took in my appearance; i had tears in my eyes, my face and nose were pink from crying, and my hair was a bit messy. before he had came in, i had been listening to 'lo que siento' by cuco.

"what happened?" his brows furrowed.

"i broke up with casey."

"billie..." he frowned.

he opened his arms and i walked over to step into them. he rested his chin on my head and held my tightly as i cried into his chest.

"why did you break up with her?" he asked after a moment.

"i told her that we're better off as friends for now... because this long distance thing is hard and i'm gonna be so busy this year. i'm barely gonna have time for myself, much less a girlfriend." i explained shakily as tears still streamed down my face.

"do you think that was the right thing to do?" he quizzed.

"yes... no? i don't know." i continued to cry.

"how much did you think this decision through?"

"a lot. i've spent the past two weeks thinking about it. i just— fuck, i don't know." i sobbed.

he just held me tighter and kept telling me how everything was going to be okay, and that i was going to be okay.

what the fuck did i do?

\|/

a/n thoughts?

predictions?