043

billie

i let out a sigh as i took a seat. i pulled my phone out, and i went to mine and casey's messages.

iMessages
baby <3

hiii
can i call you?

hiii
yes ofc bae

.

i clicked the call icon at the top of our messages. the phone barely rang once before she answered.

"hi, my love!" she greeted. "happy birthdayyyy!"

i smiled, even though she's already told me happy birthday, like, three times today. she also made a whole birthday post on instagram for me.

she called me at twelve am, my time, to tell me happy birthday.

she's literally the best.

"thank you, mama."

"are you done with your shoot?" she asked.

even though it's my birthday, i still had shit to do. we shot the cover of my album, and it took forever.

"yeah, i just finished it. it took so long, and i'm exhausted," my shoulders slumped a bit. "yo, i had to wear these contacts for it, right? i seriously don't see how you wear them bitches everyday! like, why the fuck are they so difficult to put on?"

"i mean, you get used to it after a while." she giggled.

"i literally had to get my mom to help put them in." i told her.

"it's not that difficult." she laughed.

"it is!" i pouted. "my fuckin' eyelashes kept poking it while i was tryna put it in!"

she laughed again. "i love your eyelashes."

"yeah, i know, you're obsessed with them," i teased. "you kept tryna put mascara on them last time i was in new york."

"okay, and?" she playfully sassed. "the mascara brings out your eyes, and your eyes are one of your best features."

"yeah?" i chuckled.

"mhm. and your lips. and your nose," she started listing. "and your hands, oh my god, i love your hands. honestly, all of your features are your best ones."

"i love you."

"i love you too, angel."

"how's your day been?" she questioned sweetly.

i let out a small sigh. "long. as. hell. i've been doing the photoshoot for my album cover all day, which has been tiring. up until, like, five minutes ago, i thought everyone had just, like... forgot about my birthday. nobody had mentioned it, but they just brought a cake out and sang me happy birthday and shit. i dunno. it's just been a long day."

"awh, baby," i could tell she was frowning by the tone of her voice. "it's okay. look, just—"

"oh my god." i, unintentionally, cut her off.

"what is it?" she asked, obviously confused.

the doors on the warehouse were opened, and a matte black dodge challenger had just drove through it. on the hood was a big, neon green bow.

"hold on, lemme switch the call to facetime real quick. you've got to see this." i told her as i let out a shocked laugh.

i switched the call to facetime. once it connected, i flipped the camera to show her the car. i watched as her jaw dropped.

"holy shit."

i looked around to see that my team and my family all had big, knowing grins on their face. i let out another shocked laugh.

"is this mine? for real?" i asked.

they all nodded.

"oh my godddd." i dragged out as i threw my head back.

"go get in it, stupid!" casey urged.

i stood there for a moment before walking to it. i got into the driver's seat, and then propped my phone in the dashboard. i flipped my camera so that casey could see me.

"what the fuuuuck," i leaned back against the seat. "no, i— i'm literally about to cry, dude, oh my godddd."

"you're literally sitting in your dream car right now." casey told me. she seemed just as shocked as i was. "and it's your's."

"this is crazy." i shook my head.

\|/

it's now a few hours later. i'm just getting home, and i'm still on facetime with casey.

"did you order anything?" i looked over at finneas as i noticed a package on the porch.

"no?" his brows furrowed a bit.

i walked over to it, noticing that it had my name on it. i looked at it, and saw that it was from new york. i looked at casey through the phone, giving her a skeptic look, though i was also smiling.

"what did you get me?"

"i don't know." she shrugged as she looked off to the side, trying to hold back a smile.

i placed my phone on top of the box before picking it up. finneas opened the front door for me, so i walked inside. i walked to my room and set the box on my bed. i grabbed my phone and propped it up so that casey could see me while i opened it.

once i got it opened, i looked at everything in it.

"wait, is this your perfume?" i asked as i held up a bottle of perfume.

"mhm," she hummed. "i remember you said that it smelt comforting, and how much you loved it, so... yeah." she explained.

i pouted before setting it to the side to see everything thing else.

there was a squishmellow, a bag of takis, a few of her hoodies, and a bunch of really cool rings.

"you're so sweet," i told her as i laid on my bed. "i love you, i love you, i love you."

"of course, angel. i love you, i love you, i love you." she echoed.

i smiled at her, completely lovestruck. we talked for the rest of the night, until we both eventually feel asleep.

\|/

a/n thoughts?

predictions?