049

casey

"why do you look so sad?"

"hm?" i looked over at nova.

"you look sad." valentino told me.

"why?" nova asked again.

"i'm not sad. i just miss my girl."

"text her then." nova urged.

"i can't; she's in a meeting right now." i explained.

"oh, damn. what for?" val raised a brow.

i leaned back against the couch. "she said that they're going over her schedule for the year. that was, like, two hours ago."

they both nodded. nova then stood up and she held her hand out for mine. "c'mon, let's go get some coffee or some shit."

i grabbed her hand and got up off the couch, then let go of her hand so that i could rest my arm on her shoulder. "let's go then. you coming, val?"

"uh, duh."

we walked out of mine and nova's apartment, then walked down the street. luckily for us, we lived pretty close to our favorite coffee shop.

"so, how are you and billie?" nova bumped her shoulder against mine.

"we're good," i smiled softly, blushing as i looked at the ground. "she's seriously the best, and she's just... i don't even know. i'm just really in love with her."

"you two are so cute." valentino chuckled.

"the cutest." nova agreed.

"shut up," i laughed. "i do have to say though that the whole long distance thing is hella hard. like... i just want to hug her, but i can't cause she's hundreds of miles away. we both knew what we were getting into though."

"you two will be fine." they both assured.

"i hope so."

\|/

it's now a few hours later. it's ten pm my time, which means it's seven for billie. she still hasn't text me since she went to her meeting.

i scrolled through instagram for a while until i suddenly got a call from billie. i answered it, and i brought my phone to my ear.

"hey, my love," i greeted softly. "how did the meeting go?"

"so bad." she answered. i frowned as she sniffled, which meant that she had been crying. "i can't do it."

"can't do what? tell me about it, baby."

"my schedule, it's— it's too much," she cried. "i can't do it."

"hey, calm down," i murmured. "i'm sure it's not that bad; you can do it, baby."

"no, i can't. and i— i won't even be able to see you that much, i-i can't do it."

i continued to try and calm her down. eventually, i did, though she was still very upset.

we talked for a bit about her schedule and everything.

"hey, guess what though." she told me.

"what, angel?"

"i get to play at coachella." she said, and i could tell just by the tone of her voice that she was smiling.

"oh my god, for real?!" my eyes widened. she hummed. "holy shit, that's huge. hell yeah, baby."

"you're gonna come and see me play, right?"

"of course; i wouldn't miss it for the world."

"it's not even here yet, and i'm already hella nervous." she mumbled.

"you'll do amazing, my love. don't even stress it."

she let out a sigh. "i love you."

"i love you too."

\|/

a/n thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all doing?