Chapter 26

"I think I'm going to throw up Chris." They sit in the limo on the way to the Golden Globes. She wasn't sure if she could do this. Her mind was racing with all the things that could go wrong, or all the wrong things that could be said.

Chris places his hand on her thigh and squeezes gently. "Is it the baby? You've been good for a few days now."

"No no. Just nervous. I am hungry though." She groans as he laughs. "It isn't funny, I think I've gained weight since she let it out a few days ago."

"I think you look beautiful. I love you. It'll be okay. Come on. I will exit and turn around and help you out."

"You promise you won't let go of me?"

He leans over and kisses her on the cheek, kissing her worries away. "I promise, love. Come on."
She watches as he steps out and buttons his jacket, he turns back to her and offers her his hand. He leans in to her ear. "I love you." He helps to guide her through the pictures and they get to the last interviewer.

'Hello there!' The interviewer grabs Ashley's hand, displaying her engagement ring. 'Is there something you want to tell everyone?'

Chris laughs it off, "Well I think it's been pretty clear for a while now that I am off the market. Soon, it will be official."

'And how does Sebastian feel about you guys getting married? We saw that he spent some time in Boston recently.'

Chris starts to say something, but Ashley interrupts him, "Sebastian is beyond excited for us. He's one of our closest friends, and he always will be. And yeah, he came to visit us for New Years." She feels him squeeze her hand, telling her to stop.

"Yeah, she's right. He's been a good friend of mine for going on a decade now. I'll always be thankful that he introduced us." He smiles at Ashley and kisses her on the cheek. "Not all relationships end badly, sometimes you realize you just aren't right for someone. That's all. Excuse us." Chris pulls her away inside.

"I'm so fucking tired of being asked about Sebastian."

"I know, love. I know. It's fine."

*************************************************

Ashley was sitting at a table at the after party waiting for Chris to return when she felt a hand on her back.

"Hey! How are you?"

She turned around to see Scarlett, "Scar! It's been so long!" She stood up, hugging her, "you look beautiful."

Scarlett smirked, "so do you. Glowing."

I blushed, "how did you know?"

She shrugged, "I've been pregnant before. And I noticed you weren't drinking."

"Chris told you, didn't he?"

They both laughed as Scarlet nodded. Before either of them could say anything, Chris and Colin came up to them and Chris placed his hand on Ashley's back, kissing her on the cheek.

She looked up at him, "you told her?"

He nodded, feigning an apologetic look, "sorry."

Ashley laughed, "somehow I don't think you are."

They laughed as Scarlett interjected, "so how far along are you?"

Ashley shrugged, "about 9 weeks? It's still early."

Chris wrapped his arm firmly around her waist, "we're super excited." He hesitated, "and not telling anyone yet."

Scarlett, "of course. Don't worry about it. Let me know when you find out the sex." She looked at Ashley, placing her hand on her shoulder, "and let me know when the shower is."

She nodded at Scarlett, "of course!" She hugged her again before they walked away. She pulled on Chris's arm, "can we go home. I'm tired."

He nodded, "yeah. Of course we can love."

******************************************

"When are we going back to Boston Chris?" Ashley laid back in the bathtub of Chris's LA home after the Globes.

"Whenever you want love. We can go back tomorrow." He sat on the floor next to her, watching her bathe. "I love you."

She moaned softly, leaning her head up on her hands on the edge of the tub, "I love you Chris. Should we talk about Sebastian?"

He shook his head, "do we need to? You're done? Ready to move on, with me?"

She smiled, nodding, "very much so. Thank you. For being so understanding."

He leaned towards her, kissing her softly on the lips. "I'm okay. I'm just ready to move on."

She reached out for his hand, "me too. I can't be more happy than to be carrying your child or to be marrying you."

He smiled, standing up and holding his hand out to her, "me too." She grabbed his hand, letting him help her stand up. Chris grabbed a towel, taking his time to dry her off before wrapping the towel around her, "let's go to bed love."

She nodded, "yes please." She held firmly onto his hand as he led her to the bedroom.

He motioned for her to stand in front of him as he grabbed her towel, making it fall to the ground, "I want you."

She moaned, "me too. Remind me why I'm yours?"

He smiled, removing his clothes, "I want nothing more."

***************************************

The next morning, she woke up cold, in the bed alone. She grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around her as she heard music. She followed it to find Chris sitting at his piano, playing in front of the window as the sun rose without a shirt on. She leaned on the doorframe, "what a great view."

Chris looked up at her smirking, "me, or the the actual view?"

She laughed, entering the room and sitting next to him near the window, "I meant the sun."

He nodded, "sure you did." He stopped playing, leaning towards her, "ready to go home?"

"Yes please." She brought her hand to the nape of his neck, "it's pretty here, but I prefer the east coast. But home is wherever you are."

He smiled, nodding, "I was just thinking that about you. Come here." He pulled her into his lap, making her straddle him, "I love you."

She moaned, wrapping the blanket around both of them as she felt him remove himself from his underwear. He pushed hers to the side, guiding her onto him slowly, making them both moan. She whimpered in his ear, "I love you too." He continued to guide her over him slowly as he brought her lips to his, hunger.

"You're mine?"

She nodded, clutching his neck, "always Chris." He moaned, resting his head on hers, not breaking eye contact as he continued to guide her more urgently until they both climaxed.