♥︎Chapter 1♥︎

I was roaming around the school hallway, wearing my favorite black AC/DC hoodie, which hadn't been washed in weeks, holding my favorite romance book in my arms. My shoulder-length hair covered my oval-shaped face and wide green orbs. They matched my hair, which I had dyed half green. My uncle beat me half-dead for it but I didn't care. He always does that anyway so what's a little more?

I finally arrived at my locker. I had to get another book because I was almost finished with the one I was reading. Until I heard some girls gasping, I didn't realize what was going on, until I turned around, and saw someone (or something) entering the school.

I looked up, and I saw the most beautiful creature I had ever seen in my life. Its face was all covered, with the mask of a fake smile. All you could see was his red piercing eyes and black wavy hair. He wore a black hoodie, just like me, and some baggy black pants.

All the girls stopped with whatever they were doing and glanced at it. Their mouths dropped to the ground, some fainted, and others let out shrieks. The girls in my grade were so weird, thirsting over everyone they saw. I cleared my throat, flipped my brown wavy locks over my shoulder, and turned back to my locker. No way I'm gonna fall in love with that mysterious red-eyed creature. That's not like me.

Suddenly, he slammed my locker door. I jumped and stared at him fearfully, unable to speak.

"Are you (Y/N)?" I just looked at him blankly.

"Well if you are, I'm gonna spend some time with you, so get a comfortable baby girl."

Trembling to the bottom of my checkered vans, I ran to the first period and saw him sitting right in front of my usual spot. How did he get there? We were at my locker five seconds ago! I didn't say anything and took my seat. I hid my face on the table, praying he wouldn't talk to me when he turned around.

"Hey."

I almost fell out of my chair. His voice was deeper than the void in my heart.

"Um, hi."

I murmured, starting to sweat, and I could feel my face turn red.

"What book you got there?"

He asked with a smirk staring at my arms, which were grabbing onto my book.

"Um, it's Pride and Prejudice. Have you ever heard of it?"

Of course, I already knew the answer to that question. Nobody in this stupid town knows this book or any book for that matter. They only like stupid reality tv shows or some other trash on Channel 6.

"Yeah, I have, actually it's one of my favorites. I love the symbolism of elitism and classism shown through Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth's relationship."

My stomach dropped. He actually knew it.

Inexplicably, I felt butterflies in my stomach. What if I actually ended up catching feelings for this guy? No. No. This isn't like me, I'm not letting this happen. Just because he is smart and handsome or whatever, it doesn't mean that I am going to scream and faint every time he walks by like the other girls at this school. That's not me.

I've never been that kind of girl. When I was little I actually got dirty in the sandpit in the playground instead of playing with dolls. And every time one of my stupid aunts would gift me makeup or fancy dresses, I'd never touch them.

He laughed, my heart stopped, his laugh was beautiful, deep like he just smoked 3 packs of cigarettes. Before I could stop myself, I smiled.

The bell rang. Everyone got up from their seats and rushed to the hallway. As soon as I was about to leave, he stopped me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"The name's Corpse. Nice to finally meet you,"

He walked away.

❦E/N❦

Hey guys, this is a new book from 4 bored people who just wanted to have fun.

have fun reading and thanks