5

seungmin stirred out of sleep as chan shook his arm, looking at him.

he had fallen asleep in his own bed after he was put there when they were done with him. chan was pulling him out of bed and he tried to obey him, despite still being sleepy and not really having any idea what was going on.

"felix is coming soon, you need to get ready."

"why?"

"because felix needs to think we care about you."

that hurt.

seungmin took a second to register that and when he did his heart sank. he couldn't get angry and he couldn't get upset, he knew that anyway, that they didn't really care about him, it just stung to hear. chan took him into the bathroom and made him wash, supervising his every move as he washed his body before having clean clothes thrust at him. it wasn't easy since he was still sore from the night before.

chan had him use lotion and brush his teeth before taking him out of the bathroom and pulling him downstairs, he let go of his arm in the kitchen.

"set the table." minho mumbled from where he was stood cooking for them.

seungmin did as he was told, getting out the things he needed and going to the dining room. he felt on edge because they seemed on edge, they seemed distant and distracted and as much as he didn't like it he just told himself it wasn't his fault and they didn't mean what they said to him.

he sat down at his usual seat, drawing his knees up to his chest.

breakfast was the same as usual, seungmin ate his bread and drank some water, ignoring their delicious food as he waited for them to be done. when they finished he went to wash up like he usually did, only this time he was stopped.

"go sit on the couch."

he did as he was told, looking up anxiously as they came to stand in front of him.

"smile!" minho snapped.

seungmin was confused but he did as he was told anyway, he put on a smile, looking up at them.

"you can do better than that, you really want felix to think there's something wrong and start worrying more? huh? have you not put him through enough?!"

seungmin felt a pang of guilt in his stomach and had to try his best not to cry as he tried harder, smiling more.

"you don't mention anything bad, we do everything for you and you're happy. got it?"

seungmin nodded a little, too nervous and threatened to do anything but obey them.

they waited for felix to arrive and seungmin was trying his hardest not to get too excited. it was just so overwhelming, he had thought for the longest time that felix didn't care about him, he couldn't remember why he thought that but it didn't matter, felix did care and he got to see him again.

at least that's what he thought.

he tried to stay optimistic but after an hour had passed, seungmin lowered his head, tears welling up in his eyes.

"i guess he's not coming." minho spoke up, crossing his legs.

seungmin stayed quiet, trying to hold in his tears of disappointment. he had been hoping he could watch a movie with felix on his dvd player, or go outside in the back yard with him, he was so excited to see him.

chan got up and came closer, lifting his chin.

"aw, don't be sad love, maybe he just had more important things to do."