Chapter 20

It has been one week since they contacted him.

He was reading some documents that time when they called. Saying that his next mission is to bring the President down.

He answered the call.

“Agent Dusk. Your time is running. You only have few times to complete your mission. You know the consequences of failure. We sent sent you some useful documents. It is a top secret and the police made sure that no one will know about it but we managed to get our hands to it. Your father is hoping for you to finish it as soon as possible. ” Then the one who called hang up immediately without hearing his response.

Aside from working as a detective, Reevo also works as a secret agent at an agent of Sceadu Eliminare Leuga or Shadow Eliminate League,  a league that eliminates in a shadow way, without being noticed or getting caught. An organization that eliminates sinful individuals. Agents here often conceal their identities to complete their mission. They follow no rules as long as they complete their mission. They are free to eliminate and punish individuals according to what they think is befitting and killing is not an  exemption. Hence, they must complete their mission within the given time or they will be punished. All agents here got blood on their hands, also Reevo. She killed not once but many times.

Reevo is known as Dusk in the Shadow Eliminate League (SEL). Reevoʼs family is the founder of the organisation, particularly his father. His father quit his job being a prosecutor and formed the organisation.

The organisation sent him a document which records a murder case that happened five years ago when Voltaire Sylvo killed a law student, Kairouz Movalez, his wifeʼs lover in college. The case was never publicized. His father, who holds the highest rank in the police organisation that time ordered some of his fellow police officials to take out his son off the case and make sure to turn the case to suicide. He thought that he cannot be dragged down just because of a small matter since he is aiming to run for presidency on the upcoming election. He needs to maintain a clean image in the eyes of the public. So no one knows that Voltaire is involved in the incident and it is a murder not suicide. The public believed that he killed himself because he cannot accept the fact that his girlfriend is leaving him.

Reevo played the attached video but as he played the video some scenes are flashing on his head. He collapsed on the floor and so his laltop fell also. Napasigaw siya sa labis na pananakit ng ulo. Halos bumaon na rin ang kuko niya sa kanyang ulo.

***
“Hindi ba masyadong maaga para ibalik ang kanyang ala-ala? We are told that he canʼt handle it yet. Thereʼs a high possibility that he will not be able to regain his memories if we push him too much.” A middle-aged man said after sending the file to Reevo.

“He can overcome it, I know he will. We have no choice. His enemy is very powerful. At nakakatunog na siya tungkol sa organisasyon. He will soon find out about us and who knows what will happen. He needs to remember and finish his mission before the president find out about us.” Reevoʼs father stated.

“That girl. I can feel that she's in great danger. When Reevo regains his memory, he can rescue her, right?”

“I'm sure he will. That kid does not realize it but he feels sad whenever he hears news about her or sees posters and pictures of her.”

“Kairouz. I remembered when you first brought him at the headquarter. He was in a very bad condition and I thought at first that he can not survive but a miracle happened.”

“Do you believe it's miracle? I do not. He is just strong.” Reevoʼs father smiled thinking about the first time Reevo called him 'Dad'.

When Kairouz is abandoned, former prosecutor together with his team who are spying on a corrupt senatorʼs son rescued him. If only they got there late, Kairouz would have died. However they managed to acquire a record of incident through a spy cam that they installed in the crime scene. They speculated that the crime scene is where Voltaire perform his heinous acts and so they installed a spy cam there hoping to capture something useful.

They set the warehouse on fire and skinned a little portion of his skin on his calf and left it there to make everyone believe (especially the culprit) that it is really him who died.

His facial structure is severely damaged due to the large amount of acid poured on his face and so they gave him facial surgery. They were about to restore his original face but then they decided not to. For his own safety since Kairouz is now dead. They decided to give him a new identity being Reevo Conrad. Reevo Conrad is the son of the one who saved him, the former prosecutor, Mr. David Conrad and the founder of SEL. Reevo Conrad died due to cancer. And when he woke up and cannot remember anything because he was hit on the head many times, they trained him to be an agent.