For Better Or For Worse

Authors note: I decided to just go ahead and fix Sarah to three instead of two because it's easier then fixing Natalia's age. Unfortunately that means that while I wanted to take my time leading up to something I'm going to have to speed up to it so I apologize if it seems rushed. There may still be a few places in the beginning of this chapter where they may say she's two but I'll fix that soon I just wanted to get the chapter out.

Warnings: Character Death
———————————————————————
Steve shushed Sarah as they arrived.

Taking her out of the car he bounced in place trying to calm her, "I know, sweet girl, I know."

"I cold." Sarah cried hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Yeah that's what happens when you have a fever. I know it's scary but it'll be okay."

"Maybe we should've left Natalia at the Tower." Bucky whispered as a very sleepy Natalia leaned against his leg.

"No. We don't know how long we'll be here I didn't want to scare her. Can we go in now?" Steve asked, voice snapping.

He frowned, "You're lucky our daughters sick."

"I'm lucky we're in public. Had we been at home I'd already have a red ass." Steve sighed running a hand over his face, "I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. The last time Sarah was sick-"

"I know. We thought she wouldn't make it. But she did and she will; it's probably just the flu."

"What if it's not." He whispered.

Bucky offered him a small smile trying to reassure him, "Let's just see what the doctors say." He offered nodding to the door.

He picked Natalia up walking to the counter as Steve took a seat, Sarah crying again.

He explained the situation and took a seat next to Steve, "Natty?" He whispered.

Natalia hummed looking up, "Yeah, Daddy?"

"Do you want one of your aunts or uncles to come pick you up? You look tired and I don't want you to get sick either."

"I'm okay." She said leaning against him, eyes drooping.

"Barnes-Rogers?" A nurse called.

Steve stood up with a sigh, "Call Sam. He'll pick her up; no questions asked."

Bucky nodded.

He walked into the room, arms tightening around Sarah as he felt the breeze.

"Is it Barnes-Rogers or is that just your daughters?" The nurse asked.

He smiled, a part of him relieved she hadn't just assumed he had kept Rogers, "Barnes-Rogers."

"Okay, Captain Barnes-Rogers, what seems to be the issue with little Sarah today?"

"Sarah?" Steve whispered.

Sarah looked over at the nurse, "Cold."

Steve nodded, "She has a fever of 102.4."

"Okay. That's a little higher then I'd like for a fever."

"That's what we thought. Sarah what else is wrong? Tell the nice lady."

"Head hurts."

"Yeah? Anything else?"

She nodded pointing at her belly.

The nurse wrote it down standing up, "Okay. Now if your Daddy doesn't mind he can let you go so we can get started."

Steve gulped slowly letting her down onto the bed, "I'm Papa. Bucky's Daddy. She'll get confused if you refer to us any differently." He explained trying to keep his mind occupied.