23: Armani

ELLE
Sunshine-Liam Payne

Four days later and I still couldn't believe I actually accepted. I couldn't believe I was now able to call him my boyfriend, the man I despised and got annoyed by every word that fell from his mouth. How wrong was my first impression of him? How wrong was the public's perception?

I got startled when there was a knock on the door of my office. I looked around my messy desk, but there wasn't really much I could do now. So I gave permission to the person outside to enter.

"Ms. Eleonora, are you ready to go?" My boss asked, poking his head into the office once he had opened the door. I cursed myself for forgetting about the meeting we had scheduled, but I was glad I had prepared for it yesterday. So I dug the folder I had prepared out of the pile of papers and binders on my desk and quickly gathered my belongings to throw into my purse.

"I'm ready Mr. Kingston." I smiled, swinging the strap of my shoulder bag over my shoulder and clutching the green folder to my chest as I made my way to the door where he stood.

"Great. Niall is already waiting for us downstairs." He informed me, shocking me completely.

"Niall?" I stupidly asked, cursing myself for the way I reacted.

"Mr. Horan. Turns out he has to be present in case we need him to sign anything in the deal." He explained as we left the office, waving goodbye to Madeline and reaching the lift.

"And I would've sent you to close the deal by yourself, but Jonathan insisted I was present to look over everything. He might be a bit sexist at times, but try and ignore him." He continued as the lift was taking us down, but I was more focused on the fact that Niall would be joining us. I was with him two nights ago, but it was definitely completely weird and nerve wracking having to deal with him in a professional setting again, especially when my boss would be present.

And sure enough, stepping out of the building, the long black sedan was parked right outside. His driver was standing outside and opened the door with a small bow once he saw us approaching.

"You can sit in the back. I'll take the front." Mr. Kingston patted my shoulder and I nodded, smiling at the driver before getting into the car. I was met with the set of blue eyes and the confident smirk that were sure to get me in trouble, but my heart made the decision to start beating faster.

"Good morning Ms. Eleonora." He winked, taking in my appearance. I never understood why he was always checking me out, even whenever I'd be in my work attire which usually consisted of a suit. But today I had gone for a more youthful outfit, consisting of a cream blouse and a black faux leather skirt. The temperature had definitely gone up in the past few days, so a jacket just seemed pointless.

 The temperature had definitely gone up in the past few days, so a jacket just seemed pointless

"Good morning Mr. Horan." I gave him a curt nod, keeping most of my attention to my boss that sat in the front seat next to the driver.

"Hello Niall. How are you doing?" He questioned, turning around for a split second before the driver turned the car on and unparked.