Chapter 12B

Bold Letters - Flashbacks

Chapter 12B

“….chan”

….

“Take-chan!”

Young Takemichi slowly open his eyes and close it again when the red light violated his eyes. He let out a painful growl and cover his eyes till a hand grab his own. He started to panic, trying to pull away his hand from the one grabbing him.

“Take-chan, calm down… It’s me…Kiri-chan!”

The something snap inside him. Takemichi stop struggling and slowly open his eyes once again. He travel his eyes to the person beside him and was holding him tightly.

He saw his friend.

“KIRI-CHAN!”

Takemichi immediately tackled the kid into a tight embraced while crying loudly. Kiri rub circles on Takemichi’s back, wanting to calm and soothes Takemichi down.

“Shh… I’m here… don’t worry… No one will gonna hurt you as long as I am here…”

Kiri said reassuringly and Takemichi hurriedly believe him. He stopped crying but don’t want to let Kiri go. Then suddenly another cry echoed within the room and Takemichi just now realized that they didn’t just the people inside the room.

He pull away and roam his eyes around the room then he saw them. Plenty of kids were with them and they all share the same fate too.

“I wanna go home! *sniff* mom pleasheeee healthhh mee!” a kid yelled, crying his heart out. All kids looked at him then they started crying too like kid they supposed too except Takemichi, Kiri and kids older than them .

“Take-chan?”

Kiri asked when Takemichi suddenly stood up and was starting to make his way to the crying kids. He kneeled in front of them, taking out his handkerchief in his pocket and slowly reach out the kid’s face to wipe the tears out.

The kid was shocked and just remains to stare at Takemichi. Takemichi make his way again to the other kids to wipe their all tears out. when he was done, He smiled at them, too bright, too warm that it makes everyone’s insides to calm down and melt their hearts too.

“Don’t worry everyone. Kiri-chan and I will protect aaallllll of you… Sho don’t cry anymore okey?”

Takemichi pouted cutely the smiled brightly at them. He cheerfully pointed Kiri and proudly introduced the boy to everyone.

“That’sh Kiri-chan! He wash a champion in a black betler before!”

“*sighs* it’s black belter.. ”

“I shaid what I shaid! Black betler! Hehe… Kiri-chan knowsh how to puncha and kick-o too! He wash amazhing… like thish!”

Takemichi acted the punch and the kick personally making everyone in the room to laugh.

“My brother taught me self-defense too!” a kid commented excitedly and bright blue eyes instantly sparkled.

“Really?... woah~ did ya guysh hear that?”

Kiri sweat dropped yet found himself unable to resist a smile overtaking his face. Takemichi is undoubtly trying to cheer up the kids, a typical hero he really is.

He watched as Takemichi instantly befriends all of the kids, even those kids older than them. Kiri laugh secretly at what he just imagine, Takemichi as the sun while the other kids as the planets, orbiting around him.

Takemichi waved at his direction and he really have no choice but to make his way to the black-haired kid. Starting to befriends all of the kids too.

But then the door of the room suddenly opened revealing two men in a white coat, looking at them in a way that can send a shivers down to their spines. Kiri didn’t waited, he stood up in front of takemichi and other kids, the older kids did the same too. As the older ones they have the responsibility to protect those younger than them.

“Ho ho… what a cute sight~” One of the old man stated with a blush on his cheeks. The kids groans in disgust and gathered in a group, sticking close to each other.

“*sighs* hello kids~ we’re not going to hurt you… We’re doctors, you see? We wore a doctor’s cape!” The other old man said cheerfully. But the kids wasn’t convince, their scared facial expression says so.

“We’re not fools to fall on your cheap tricks, you fake doctor bastards!”

Kiri yelled in an angry tone that made the two ‘doctors’ to looked at him then to the blue eyed teen behind him that caught their attention.

“What a rude kid… don’t you know? Bad kids need to be punish for being rude to their elders…”

“We don’t gave a fucking damn about it! Release us all at once!” One of the kid shouted too.

“Aa, you shouldn’t curse your elders.. It’s not appropriate… right? Atobe Takemichi-kun?”

Takemichi, as well as Kiri flinched. Kiri raise his eyebrow at the ‘doctors’, mind focusing on the close grip Takemichi has on his shirt.

“Well, I didn’t consider you as elders, deserving to be respected, assholes!”

“Are? Why are you the one responding?”

“You’re not Takemichi-kun.. we’re talking to the adorable kid behind you…”

“…W-what?.... H-how---”

“Takemichi-kun… come with us….”

Takemichi looked at them, fear evident on his bright blue eyes. His hands and legs were shaking unstably.

“If you do… we won’t hurt anyone in this room~”

Takemichi quickly look up, thought that it might break at the action. Blue eyes filled with sudden hope but it quickly disappeared when Kiri grab his wrist. His attention was back to his friend again.

“Don’t believe them…” Kiri reminded him and he instantly obeyed, nodding his head eagerly and with a smile too.

“We won’t let you have him!”

The kids said in unison surprising Takemichi and Kiri at the sudden outburst from their new friends. Other kids even secured Takemichi into a group hug.

The doctors groans in frustration. One of them took out a phone and dialed a number. The kids watched them and listen to the phone talk. They heard about gas, sleeping, 5 kids and laboratory and they actually didn’t understand all of it. They were confused as hell when the old man ended the call. He was grinning madly when he looked back at the confused kids.

“See ya later, Takemichi-kun~”

He said before walking away. The other old man followed his pace too leaving dumbfounded kids inside the red room.

The kids looked at each other then to the blue eyed kid who was still looking at the door in curiosity.

“Take-chan, are you okay?” one of the kids asked. Takemichi nodded and smiled softly at all of them, melting their hearts and filling it too with warmness.

“Thank you everyone… you guysh protected me….”

He said shyly, trying to hide his blushing face to everyone’s sight. The kids giggled at his cute adorable reaction but the great scenario ended in an instant when a smoke covered the whole red room out of the sudden alarming them all. And one by one kids fall on the floors with aloud thud.

Kiri quickly hold Takemichi’s hand before falling into what seems like a trap too made by those psycho fake doctors. He eyelids became heavy but he didn’t avert it to other places and just focused it on the unconscious blue eyed teen beside him.