Oh, Jeez

This kinda borders on nsfw, but there's no actual dirty deeds, just a shit ton of references to it. also i wrote this a few days ago, but i just forgot to post it here whoops lmao

——-

It had been a secret whispered in the afterglow of what Killer had perceived as extended foreplay. "I'm not.. prepared, yanno?" Cross had told him, hushed and quiet, like he didn't want anyone but Killer to hear. And the way he said it fed into the idea that Cross wanted it to remain as a secret. "I don't want to, um.. g-give it up... to a someone who'd turn into a stranger."

The thought had hurt Killer at first. Did Cross doubt his feelings? Did he just not like him that way? Was this just a stress relief, a fuckbuddy deal? But, as time went on, it became clear. It wasn't Killer Cross didn't trust to stay, it was their unstable troupe. At any given moment, what Cross and Killer had could be ripped away. There was no guarantees that anything would last past the next five days. Killer understood what Cross meant, and he didn't fault him for being cautious like that. Nothing was ever certain.

And, Killer learned later, maybe Cross was right for it. Seething in his room alone, hating himself, hating Cross, hating Nightmare, Killer distantly felt glad he hadn't been Cross's first. He was glad, because now, he could hate him. Hate him for leading him on, for playing with him like that, for leaving him behind in this god-forsaken realm.

Things changed, after Cross left. Nightmare grew more controlling, watching their every move, refusing to let them leave the castle alone, and it was all Cross's fault. But when Killer woke late at night, aching and wanting, the memory of Cross's heat against his, Killer knew it wasn't Cross he hated. Cross wasn't the one he blamed.

Then the clarity fled, and Killer once again would hold on to the lies, forcing his hatred towards Nightmare in Cross's direction. And it lasted until the gang finally, blessedly, disbanded. Nightmare released them, claiming they'd all find a way to betray him one way or another, and rambling that he never wanted to see their faces again. And Killer gladly left. He was the first to teleport, the first to find a universe to settle in, and the first to find home.

—-

He didn't know where the idea came from. It struck him one afternoon, after he fed MishMish and was settling in for bed. He wanted to know where Cross was. And maybe he wanted to try and rekindle what they'd had. It had been a passing thought a first. Stroking his cat's chin, Killer had absently mumbled, "Wonder what Crossy's up to.." He'd stiffened the instant the words left him, the glowing embers of his hatred stirring pitifully. The fire was lit again, but this time, it went in a different direction.

He had to find Cross, he'd decided by the end of the day. Musing over the empty side of his bed, rubbing his hand over the cold sheets, he smiled to himself. It wouldn't hurt to have another warm body fill that emptiness. So, his mind made up, Killer slumped over in bed, one hand still over that unused bedside, and dreamt of what their life would be like.

—-

Finding Cross was hard on his own. The other really knew how to hide away and cover up his steps. Good thing Killer still had some friends to help out. Getting ahold of Horror wasn't so difficult. They met up at a familiar farm, their host absent for the most part, Farmer lingering in the barn outside. Dust had peered over the rim of his coffee mug, wary of Killer and his intentions, but the caution flickered out as soon as Killer revealed what he was after. It was replaced with teasing mirth. "Looking for your boyfriend, huh?" And Killer had blushed.

They agreed to help him, and Horror put his tracking skills to use. They were rusty from the years of disuse, but they worked well enough. Horror called Killer, murmuring over the phone that Cross was staying in a Mafiatale nestled in a cluster of Lusttales. Killer thanked him, excitement bubbling up in his chest and stealing his breath away. He brushed his fingers over that bedside again, and hoped.