Chapter 32

Hero's POV:

'I can't believe she's here', I keep thinking to myself as Jo turns her back to me to rinse off the front of her body under the cascading water that will no doubt turn cold before we have the chance to get out of here. After partaking in what I've spent the last week and a half only fantasizing about, we take our time lathering each other up and washing away all the heartache we've seemed to cause each other in the last few days.

Even though I'm worn out beyond belief, I don't want to fall asleep. Jo being here.. in my arms and me inside her body feels like a dream. Like I could open my eyes and this could all be gone in an instant.

"We've been in here too long. My hands look like prunes," she giggles as she inspects the pads of her fingers with a disgusted look on her face. All I can do is smile and sigh a deep sigh at relief. Something I've been unable to do since I left for New York.

As soon as I've finished rinsing the remaining shampoo from my hair, I turn the water off and lean out of the glass door to grab us some towels. I quickly dry off my hair until it's nothing but a damp mess on top of my head and skim over my arms and legs before securing it in a knot around my waist.

When I turn around, Jo's wringing out her honey blonde hair behind me and I can't help but notice the small trail of water running right between her breasts.

Without a word, I gently take the towel from her hands and she gives me a confused look because she's far from being dry. But I can't help myself. I can't help but want to touch her skin again even though we've spent the last however long wrapped up in each other. 'Missing' her wouldn't even begin to describe the way I feel.

"What are you doing?" She laughs as I take ahold of her right arm and begin to dry her off, one limb at a time.

"Shhh.." I smile up at her as I crouch down on my haunches and run the towel down the entirety of one of her legs. Her skin is like porcelain. Like the finest china known to man. So I'm gentle but diligent and I take my time, keeping her in place until my job is done.

"Only you could make drying off look sexy," she smirks down at me as she places a hand on my bare shoulder to keep herself steady. Her face is makeup free and fresh peering down at me. Probably my favorite version of Jo, if I had to pick just one.

All I can do is laugh as I place my hand around the back of her calf and run the towel across her hip bones that sit perfectly at eye level. I lean in and graze my lips across her skin just above one as I continue to look up at her. I can't help but notice the small goosebumps that arise on her skin as I work near the apex of her thighs. She's waxed, like she's always been, and the sight alone is enough to bring me to my knees if I weren't already here.

Jo and I have had a lot of intimate moments throughout our time together. Hotel rooms, showers, her apartment back home. But nothing feels quite like this moment right now. Like I'm taking care of her in such a significant yet small way. Something I'll damn sure never take for granted.

As soon as her body is dry and free from the remaining droplets of water, I wrap the towel around her back and she takes it under her arms and ties it loosely at the front. The mirror has begun to lose its coat of fog at this point, and I stand off to her side as she ties her damp hair into a tight bun on the top of her head.

"You are so beautiful, you know that?" I question as I step directly behind her and place my hands on her hips. Our eyes meet in the mirror in front of us and I notice a faint blush appear on her neck and chest.

"You're too good to me," she smirks as she laces her fingers with my own, our hands still holding her in place.

I lean down and kiss a trail from the top of one shoulder to the other and hear her hum in appreciation while her eyes flutter closed. Her skin is so soft and pure. Not wanting to pull away just yet, I place soft gentle kisses up the entirety of her neck until I reach just behind her ear while my fingertips dig further into her towel-covered torso.