Chapter 38

Hero's POV:

I wake in the early morning hours, golden light peaking into the window. I'm on my back, Josephine curled into my chest with her hand on my heart, the sound of soft breathing in the air.

Yesterday was perfect. Like all the stars had aligned. And last night.. we made love and then fell asleep in each other's arms.

As I run my fingertips gently down her naked back, I can't help but think to myself how lucky I am. Something changed last night. Our relationship's shifted. And I feel closer to her than I ever had before.

I want to spend the rest of my days on this earth with her by my side. The feeling is so strong; nothing's ever felt this right.

If you were to tell me that I would meet my everything in a hotel in Atlanta, Georgia at the age of twenty one, I'd think you were crazy. But it happened, and now we are here, and I never want to go back.

It's nearing 6am, the sounds of the city coming to life below us on the street. Today is our last day in New York. Tonight we leave to Bulgaria.

"Good morning," Jo whispers into my chest as she shifts her position next to me. Her breath tickling my skin and turning my attention away from the window.

"Morning, baby." I kiss her on the top of the head. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," She smiles, nestling into me. Tightening her hold around my chest with her small frame. Like she's holding on for dear life.

We lie in silence for a while. Basking in each other's presence before we're forced to face real life. I want to stay here. With her. For as long as time will allow. Never wanting to step out of this little bubble if I can help it. It feels too good to let go.

"What time do you have to go?" She asks quietly.

"I have to be there at ten. Wrap up a few things with the photographer and sign some paperwork."

"Mmm," she hums contently, with her eyes still closed.

"Don't you want to come with?"

"I think I could do that," she smiles and so do I.

"Our flight leaves at seven tonight. We've got the rest of the afternoon to ourselves," I quietly say as I make little circles on her skin with my hand.

"Kathrine packed my bags for me back home. She's having them sent over seas so I'll have them when we arrive."

I smile in satisfaction, that we won't have to go our separate ways before meeting up again. I had planned to fly back to LA after my time here so we could travel together, but when Jo arrived, everything changed.

"I can't believe it'll be the last of the series. It went by so fast."

It's true. I can remember our days on set when we first took our roles. The days when we were merely strangers and I snuck glances at Jo when her face was turned away. A lot has changed in the last two years. Both on and off screen.

"I know.." she sighs and kisses my chest. "But I think I'm ready to get back to work."

Same. I'm anxious to finish this journey we started. To wrap up what brought us together and made us fall in love. We'll be in Bulgaria for the next three months, hard at work and side by side. And once we're finished and the curtain finally closes, I plan to honor my word.

I'm going to marry her.

And make myself the happiest man alive.

THE END.