Chapter 12

Jo's POV:

I didn't get much sleep last night after thoughts of what was to come in the next few weeks flooded my mind as Hero was seemingly passed out next to me. After our FaceTime with Anna, Hero and I both contacted our management regarding the plan to begin filming soon. We were both given the same information, just from different people. Due to the strict guidelines in most countries still because of the pandemic, it had been arranged that filming would take place in Bulgaria.

I had never been before and neither had Hero. It was exciting to think about experiencing a completely new place with him along side and I was hoping we would at least get the chance to see what the country had to offer on our downtime, much like when we would go out in Atlanta.

We were due to fly into Bulgaria in two weeks time and begin filming films 3 and 4 back to back. The job sounded larger than what we had even accomplished previously, but I couldn't wait to dive in honestly. Our scripts were sent via email and Hero and I sat intertwined with each other on the couch after receiving them yesterday, glancing through what was to come. Because I had read all of the books in Anna's series, I was able to envision the direction our characters were headed in. Hero carefully studied the lines, his brow raising here and there at the contrast between the Hardin he had been and the Hardin he would become.

Seeing as how sleep wasn't possible due to my nerves as well as excitement, I made my way out of the bedroom as the sun was rising this morning, careful not to wake Hero. I made a small batch of coffee and curled up under a blanket on the couch that was left from last night, opening my laptop once again to study lines.

The more I read, the more time went on and before I knew it, the bright California sun was shining through the light grey floor to ceiling curtains partially covering the window across the room. It was so easy to get engulfed in this project already and I knew the fans would go crazy over what was in store.

"Good morning," I hear Hero's groggy voice as he shuffles from the bedroom.

"Good morning," I smile, looking over the frames of my glasses at him.

"You had me worried when I didn't feel you next to me," he says, rubbing the sleep from his eyes with both hands.

"Worried? Where would I have gone, Hero?" I chuckle. He continues to move towards me, my eyes resting on his bare torso, his black joggers riding low on his hips with every long stride he takes.

"Maybe to Bulgaria without me," he jokes, his dimple making its way into his cheek. Before I can respond, he leans down and kisses my lips softly and then sits down next to where my feet are resting on the couch.

"Thought about it. Decided not to," I joke, taking another sip of my coffee. I move my fingers over the mousepad of my laptop when I suddenly feel Hero's hand grip mine. I stop my movements and look at our hands for a moment before raising my eyes to his once again.

His eyes bore into mine, still slightly laced with sleep. But I know this look, and it raises goosebumps on my skin.

How is someone this sexy in this morning.

Hero pulls his hand from mine and reaches across my body for my laptop, picking it up with one hand and setting it on the floor next to his feet. He never takes his eyes off of mine and I feel my stomach tighten with every second that passes.

"I was reading that," I say, shifting my weight on the couch.

"And now you're taking a break," he seductively says while throwing the blanket keeping me warm off of my lap and behind the couch. Before I know it, he's grabbed my waist with both hands, settling me on top of him while strattling his waist.