Chapter 8: Misunderstandings & wait we're dating?

Start from the beginning

Juleka rolled her eyes ask, "Alright well then if you are really a princess can you give us prove?"

Marinette nodded, she closed her eyes and her hand started to glow a pink, she opened her eyes to reveal that the lower half of her iris has turned pink. Crystals started to form around them making them scream in panic.

"Alright! Alright we believe you! Just make it stop!" Chloe yelled. Marinette waved her hand and just like that all the crystals surrounding them disappeared.

Juleka looked at Marinette and said, "So you're really a Princess?" Marinette nodded, smiling.

Marinette turned to Chloe and explained, "Chloe, the reason Nino and I have been sneaking off and acting all secretive is because like I said he's my guard and with my coming-of-age banquet, other classes, and training, we been busy, and this was supposed to be secret till the banquet."

Chloe looked back from Marinette to Nino, Nino to Marinette and muttered, "So you guys aren't dating?" Nino and Marinette shook their heads.

Chlo gave Nino a tight hug and kept on repeating the word sorry repeatedly. Nino laughed and kissed the top of her head and said, "You know I will always love you right, no one will ever replace you."

Juleka cringed at how cute it was, she looked at her brother to see that he was hugging Kagami.

"You guys, there are single people here." She said pointing to herself and Marinette, "Do you mind?" Marinette looked at Juleka eyebrow raised, she smirked and said,

"Speak for yourself Juls, unlike you I already have someone."

...

...

...

"YOU WHAT?" the girls screamed. The only thing that went through Marinette's head was 'oops'

Marinette pretended to look at a clock and she quickly said, "Well look at the time gotta go and pack and you know so bye."

She dashed out the door with the girls running behind her and Luka and Nino walking behind them.

"So, who's the lucky guy?" Luka asked.

Nino shrugged, "Oh you know just some guy."

"I doubt that a princess can be with just anybody." The blue haired guitarist said.

"Let's just say that this guy has a lot more in common with our little Mari that we thought."

(After school)

Marinette threw her bag on her chair, went up to her bed and threw herself onto her bed, taking in the warmth of the bed and thanking the heavens that she doesn't have any classes after school.

~ Ring, ring ~

~ Ring, ring ~

Marinette answered, "Hello?"

"Xiao Mei." The voice replied, Marinette sat up immediately hearing the familiar voice.

"Felix!" The girl greeted.

After Marinette sent the chat to Felix the two kept on getting to know each other, they were complete opposites but at the same time they were like each other. Felix told Marinette how he felt like he had seen her somewhere. Turns out they already met once when they were younger during peace treaty that time Marinette had gone with her father while her mother stayed back in China to overlook things.

Even though they knew they were somewhat talking. They didn't make anything official yet since one, Felix hasn't asked her out yet and two, Marinette didn't make any announcement on who she picked to be her fiancé. But they both knew they felt something for one another. Felix felt that he didn't need to ask to make it clear, while Marinette felt that maybe he was unsure that's why he hasn't asked her, in other words she wanted closure.

"So? How was your day?" He asked.

Marinette groaned and fell back on her bed and whined, "It was exhausting, honestly I'm glad that finals are over. What about you? How was your first day back home?"

Felix shrugged, "It was alright I guess, being back in the palace reminds me how lonely it really is."

"Really? What about Her Majesty?" Marinette questioned.

"I try not to disturb her most times she would be busy and especially now since I'm back the council has been pushing her to pick my cousin as next king especially that Agreste." He sighed.

Marinette raised an eyebrow and wondered, "Why Adrien? Aren't you supposed to be next in line?"

Felix rubbed his forehead and explained, "Well I was and am, but Duke Agreste stated that since Adrien has royal blood in him, he technically, in some way is a prince. So, the council decided that they would put it to a vote and the thing is that I know they will pick Adrien and Adrien, well you know how he is."

"A spineless idiot?" Marinette interrupted. "Yes, he's easily manipulated and if he comes king the United Kingdom will fall. The government, if it weren't for my mother keeping them in check, they would have gotten their way." Felix continued.

"You're right he's not ready to be king and the fact that he's spent the last three years in Paris doesn't help, he knows nothing about politics. And even if they trained him now, it would be too late." Marinette agreed.

"Oh, by the way you're still coming to my coming-of-age party, right?" Marinette asked.

"Of course, what kind of boyfriend would I be if didn't escort my girlfriend." He stated.

"G-g-girlfriend?!" Marinette stuttered. "Since when were we dating?"

"Last week?" he reminded.

'When – was it that time?' she thought

(Flashback to a week ago)

"Hey Marinette, you and I." He spoke.

"Yea what about us?" She asked.

"I think we match don't you think?" He asked. Marinette only hummed n agreement.

(End of Flashback)

Marinette tried to process everything and said, "So you mean to tell me we've been dating for a week and I'm just finding this out now?"

"How did you not know we were dating? I thought I was clear?" He asked.

Marinette rolled her eyes, "Well it's not like you asked. Next time you might want to be clearer."

Felix cleared his throat and awkwardly asked, "Well to make it clear, Cai Meiying would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Right now, Marinette was high up in cloud nine, "Yes."

_______________________________________________________