Chapter 34: Amends

Forgiveness, it is hard to forgive someone, especially when they hurt you. You know it wasn't intentional, but it still hurts. How could you forgive someone who hurt you. I mean it's hard, but it's not impossible right? Its been a few days, I've been thinking a lot about Andrew and I.  Only leaving my room to eat, work or do my laundry. My parents were worried so when they asked me what was wrong, I would just say I was fine. I was at work, in Uncle Owen's service. I said "Dr. Hunt?" He nodded and I said "What are we doing today, I need to get blood on my hands" Uncle Owen laughed and said "A little excited are we???" I nodded and said "I just need the thrill" he laughed and a nurse interrupted saying "Incoming trauma five minutes out" Uncle Owen said "Alright Grey-Shep gown up and lets head to the trauma bay" I nodded, followed him to get gowned up and then we headed to the trauma bay.

We waited for five minutes and then the ambulance arrive and Herrera said "24 year old man with a penetrating foreign object in his lower abdomen and with a severe burn on his left arm. Uncle Owen nodded and said "Page Dr. Avery" I said "Is that a?" The unknown man screamed in pain "Fence! SHARP AHHH" Uncle Owen said "Alright trauma room 1" I said "Now this is going to be fun" and I followed Uncle Owen to trauma room 1. We got to trauma room 1 and the patient was groaning in pain. Uncle Owen said "Alright push 2 of morphine..." the nurse nodded and began pushing two of morphine. I saw as the door opened revealing Uncle Jackson and Nick and he said "Alright Hunt, you paged" Uncle Owen said "Severe burn on left arm" Uncle Jackson said "Yeah... I'll need to debride this in the OR along side you Hunt" Uncle Owen nodded and said "Alright then, nurse has any OR been booked???" A nurse said "OR 4 has been prepped for you Dr. Hunt" Uncle Owen nodded and said "Alright! Dr. Grey-Shepherd let's get blood on our hands" I smiled and we headed towards the OR.

We had gotten to the OR, we were halfway through the operation. It was difficult seeing as the penetrating object was a part of a fence. The liver was practically destroyed. Uncle Owen said "Damn it! There's no way in saving this liver" I said "Is it too late for a transplant?" Uncle Owen said "If we can keep heart circulation then it isn't to late..." Dr. Avery said "I'll get in touch with UNOS" As Dr. Avery left, we waited. I looked at Nick as he debride the burn. The monitor started beeping indicating that the man was crashing. Uncle Owen said "Grey-Shepherd run the code!" I passed the suction to the nurse and another nurse handed me the paddles. I said "Charge to 350!" Everyone got their hands out of the way when I said "Clear!" There was no change so I said "Charge again..Clear!" I saw no change and I said "Charge to 400.....Clear!" Nothing happened, it was a flatline... Dr. Avery returned and said "We have a liver, its about to get on a plane-" Dr. Avery saw that the patient had passed, Nick said "I'll finish the debridement, so the family can see him well..." Dr. Avery said "I'll help you and teach you an effective way after I call UNOS" Dr. Avery left to call UNOS to stop the transport and Uncle Owen said "Lets close up Grey-Shepherd" I nodded as I passed the paddles to the nurse and helped Uncle Owen close.

After we closed, I went to the gallery and saw that Dr. Bello was operating with Dr. Altman. I sat down and watched, I was there because of Altman, the technique she was performing was flawless. But I hated that Dr. Bello was there, couldn't she get her ass back to Switzerland? Andrea sat next to me and said "The technique Altman is doing is flawless" I nodded and said "I know right..." we were just in silence watching the surgery until a voice said "Imagine the embarrassment Bello must feel..." another voice rang out saying "I heard almost all the attendings have shun her" The same voice I heard earlier said "Of course they would, Deluca is one of them.." I heard the voice of my resident say "I heard Deluca hasn't returned to work since it happened" the second voice said " I heard the girlfriend broke up with him..." I heard the first voice say "Probably drinking away his problems like last time" I turned around and saw Dr. Schmitt, Dr. Helm and Dr. Parker and I spat "Some people are trying to learn, if you want to go gossip, I recommend the cafeteria respectfully" I turned back around and Andrea said "Are you okay Ceci?" I nodded and said "Im fine..." I focused my attention back at the surgery with many questions.