Chapter 12: An Aneurysm and a surprise...

Lia's POV

Its been 2 days since Carter and Lauren arrived at the hospital, I've been practicing the Fields technique for two days now... Ive been in the skills lab since 5 am and Ive done it perfectly each time with the observation of Carter and Lauren... Lauren kept deteriorating.. she was getting weaker, I was ready but I had to take a nap... it was 10 am and Carter said ''You've been doing this for 5 hours go take a nap Lia'' I said ''God thank you!'' I heard him laugh, I took of my gloves and went to an on call room and fell asleep

Derek's POV

I was pissed! My fucking sister was coming... and not the one I like... I was in the attending lounge with Mer, Amy, Alex, Link and Cristina and I said ''I can't believe Nancy and Ma are coming'' Mer said ''Your mother is okay but Nancy is Mcbitchy!'' I laughed at the nickname Izzie had gave my sister when Mer met her as my sister. Amelia said ''I don't want them here" Cristina said "Mcbitchy's return to Seattle hahahahaha" Link said "I already met them and they weren't fun..."  Alex said "Your mother seems nice Derek she isn't to bad" I heard from the door "Derbear I'm not to bad" I turned around and said "Your an hour early..." I went over and hugged her. Mer said "Hi Carolyn... Hi Nancy....." Nancy looked at her and said "We can get along you make my brother happy... and I like your children" I was shocked about Nancy being civil.... Mer looked at me weirdly but smiled back. Cristina said as she shook both my mom and Nancy's hand "I'm Dr. Cristina Yang..." Alex waved and said "I'm Dr. Alex Karev" Amelia said "Hi mom... Hi Nancy..." Nancy said "I wanna meet Scout!!!" Amelia smiled and said "Of course our workload is paperwork and the residents and interns have a surgery to watch'' Nancy said ''What big shot has a surgery here'' Cristina said ''The Carter Fields is here'' Nancy said ''No way'' I heard my mom say ''WHAT?!'' Everyone including myself heard my mom scream that.... she said ''Have you beat him to a pulp'' I said ''No.... Why'' My mom had a face of realization ''You don't know....'' With that she left the room leaving all of us clueless, Alex said ''One question.... If she hates Carter.... Doesn't it means she'll beat him to a pulp'' Amelia, Nancy and I said ''SHIT!!!'' With that ran after her.

I saw my mom walking and we arrived at the main lobby where Carter was reading a chart and BAMN! My mom punched the living crap out of his perfect face... Bailey and Richard looked at us in confusion I heard Carter say ''WHAT THE.... Carolyn Shepherd.....'' My mom said ''Where is she?'' Carter said ''Where is who?'' Mom said ''Don't play dumb with me Fields! Where is she'' Carter said ''She said, she was taking a nap in an on call room'' my mom literally walked away while Nancy went over and said ''Dr. Fields were so sorry about our mother we don't know what's gotten into her...'' Amelia said ''Who is Ma looking for.....'' I was trying to think, Meredith was next to me and then she said ''Wait a minute..... Fields is she looking for Lia...'' he nods and Meredith says ''Oh god this cannot be happening'' she went to the same direction that Ma went and I followed her confused. I heard Amelia say ''So thats where Derek gets his whole punching thing...'' Nancy said ''Seems like it''. I rolled my eyes and kept following Mer.

Lia's POV

I was awoken by my grandma saying wake up. I thought I was dreaming so I rubbed my eyes and said ''You aren't real right...'' I heard her say ''I'm very real Cecilia Leigh Grey-Shepherd now I want to know why is Fields in the same hospital and why are you working with him'' I said ''Grandma.. remember Lauren Fields...'' she nodded and I continued ''She has an aortic aneurysm'' my grandma scoffed and said ''Can't he operate he's the big shot of the Fields Technique'' I said ''He can't operate on family...'' thats when my grandma realized why he was here and said ''He wants you to operate... your an intern even though I've seen you do it... STILL'' I said ''I hate Carter with my whole being nana, but Lauren doesn't deserve to die because of her brothers actions'' my grandma breathed and said ''Don't worry... I punched him...'' I said ''You didn't do that in front of my parents right?'' My grandma said ''Of course I did, I'm surprise that Derek hasn't beat the living crap out of him'' she saw my face and screamed ''THEY DON'T KNOW!!!!''. I heard ''We don't know what...'' Grandma and I turned around and looked at my mom and dad standing in the door. Grandma said with a stern voice ''Tell them....'' I was about to say something, but she left leaving me alone with my parents.