Chapter 15: The past

After eating cheetos and talking for about 2 hours, It was 1:30 am and I wasn't tired, Andrew had fallen asleep so I made sure to slip out of his body carefully and kissed his cheek before heading upstairs....

I climbed the stairs and went to the attic which was my Aunt Lexie's room and her room was still intact... I carefully saw her lab coat and scrubs in the closet... some of Uncle Mark's shirt... Then I saw a box labeled pictures. I was curious and opened the box and I smiled when I saw a picture of my dad with a fake brain on his head and my Aunt Lexie looking at the camera about to stick a prove into his head. Another was my mom and Lexie at a party with nice dresses, the next one was with both of them with Uncle Mark and Dad and one of my dad and Mark in nice tuxes. The next one was me when I was about 4 with Nutella on my face, Aunt Lexie behind me hugging me and Uncle Mark laughing in the background of my silliness, The other was at the park that overlooked the Space Needle where Andrew took me on one of our dates. The picture was Zola about 2 years old and I was about 6, Lexie was on the bench, while I was seated in between her legs, holding Zola and the three of us where smiling widely. I tear slid my face as I kept looking at the different pictures but one caught my eye and made me laugh... It was at a golf park and I had a tiny gulf club and I was in Uncle Marks shoulder, I had to be like 4 or 5 and I had the golf club over my head lifting it up while Uncle Mark held me with one arm he did the same movement with his other arm. Another had Mark in the middle with Zola on one shoulder and Sofia in the other and me in his lap.

I smiled at the pictures and heard Andrew saying ''Lia? Where are you'' I stood up and placed the pictures in the box and decided to make copies of them so I can give some to my parents, Aunt Callie, Aunt Arizona, Sofia and Zola'' I stood up and said ''Andrew in here!!!'' He saw me and said ''Hey-'' he sneezes because of the dust and he kept sneezing. I said ''Come on... its dusty up here go downstairs, ill meet you down there in a second'' He nodded and went downstairs. I took the small box with pictures.

I headed downstairs and saw Andrew in the hallway leaned against a wall and I said ''Follow me....'' He followed as I opened a door revealing a room with a full bed, it had a lot of old teddybears, pictures from when I was younger. I saw Andrew opening the closet revealing some of my old clothes, he took one out and I blushed as I read what it said... the shirt said all my pants are sassy... I said ''Stop! Looking at those'' he said ''But they're funny and adorable... ohhh is that lion'' he grabbed the lion and I said ''Aww its Rory the Lion!!! It belonged to my dad when he was a kid what is it doing here...'' Andrew said Rawr while waving the stuffed animal at me and I grabbed it and said ''Mine.....'' He looked hurt and said ''You like a stuffed animal more than me?'' I tilted my head sideways and said ''Hmm don't know... its cuddly... warm'' He said without thinking ''I can be those things'' I looked at him and said ''Really?'' I was curious and I wanted to take things to another level but I was scared.... Last time I let a man I cared about do this to me I got hurt... I saw as his face went nervous and said ''Lia I-I wasn't trying to suggest sex... I understand you got out off a relationship not long ago.... I don't wanna rush into things because I know you're not ready.... I will be brutally honest I haven't had sex since Sam well a few one nights stand but thats it....'' He kept looking at me nervously rambled and said ''Don't think I don't want you because I do... but I understand that you might not be ready given your age and past experience.... Im not ready either and I want to go slow because I really like you and I want this to work...'' I relaxed and said ''Slow.. I like slow.....we can still make out right?'' He laughed and said ''Only if you're ready for it'' I said ''Alright.... what else do you want to see in here....'' Andrew look at me and said ''Your parents said you made a hole in the wall and hid all of your candy in there'' I looked at him shocked and said ''THEY KNOW ABOUT THAT!'' I went to the wall the had a family picture of Zola and I and unhanged it and saw some candy and a note saying We know about it, I rolled my eyes said ''Mhm I thought they didn't know!'' Andrew smirked and said ''You weren't good at keeping secrets..'' I looked at him and said ''Im very good at keeping secrets....'' He said ''You've gotten better at it...'' I felt the tension and changed the subject saying ''Im looking for a reason... on why I should be angry... I wasn't planned my parents we're careless and payed the price with me.... I came into their lives ruining it....'' Andrew said ''Thats a huge lie.... Your parents love you so much... when you were in med school they always bragged how their baby girl is so smart at a young age... They have a lot of things to be proud of and you're one of them along with Zola, Bailey and Ellis'' I smiled and said ''How do you that.... I can feel at my worst and you just say something to make it better'' He said ''Because your mom helped me when I needed her the most...'' I said ''She does know how talk people... did you become a general surgeon because of her?'' Andrew looked at me and said ''Webber, Bailey and Meredith we're and are my inspiration and legends to me.... So yeah, I was between general, neuro and peds, but neuro reminded of Sam since of that girls trial, peds I hated seeing the sick children'' I listened calmly while he talked and just touch his hand soothingly and he hesitated but continued saying ''I worked as an EMT, I loved it and it's what made me go to medical school. In a MVC, a woman in the front seat, she was bleeding from her neck. I tried to stop the bleeding, but she was crying and screaming, holding her dead little girl in her arms. I still hear her screams and I knew, I would never go into peds....'' I looked shocked at him, but I said "It's hard seeing kids in pain... I remember shadowing Uncle Alex and Aunt Arizona for the day.... and this baby had died.... and I was angry at how a small baby only lived for 5 minutes and then they told me that some of those kids live long lives.... and showed me pictures of them.. on this wall they have on the peds floor... I remember Uncle Alex saying that my Aunt L-Lexie well she had the same reaction with an interns baby.... and he told her....the exact same words and said how I reminded him a little of her..." Andrew said "Is that your aunt from Meredith's side of the family?" I nodded and said "Here.... I found these pictures in the attic which she and Mark took...." I carefully handed him the box.... and he slowly looked at the pictures... I went behind him and laid my head on his shoulder and looked at the pictures with him... he laughed at a few and he asked me if I remembered what had happened this day and I told him what I remembered and we laughed....