Chapter 20: Can things be better?

The events of what happened the previous nights are gonna be in italics

I remember opening my eyes.... I was so tired from last night.... my back didn't hurt which was strange due to me spending the last 2 nights in an on call room.... The bed felt comfortable, which made me realize I wasn't in an on call room anymore... I tried to remember what happened since I still didn't have the strength to wake up fully. I closed my eyes, I wasn't tired I just needed to remember....

We left the hospital and we arrived to an apartment complex. Kara lead me to her apartment which had 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, the kitchen and small living room. I said "This is a nice place Kara" She said "Thanks, I got it for a good deal..." We ate some take out and watched a surgery tape and headed to sleep. But before we feel asleep I overheard a conversation between Kara and Joey... Kara said "Joey I want to see you again but you gotta understand that Lia is here... Derek called her a whore and she needs a place to crash.... I'm not gonna kick her out because you want to get laid.... she's my person". I immediately felt bad because Kara felt like she couldn't do what she wanted because she pitied me. I feel asleep and I woke up the next morning, headed to the kitchen where Kara had breakfast ready and Kara said "Morning.... If you need to spend the night here again it's fine Lia" I said "No Kara it's fine.... I heard you on the phone last night.... I know you want to have some fun with Joey..." she bit her lip and said "Lia I can have sex anytime with Joey" I said "I'll go stay at the old house I will be fine Kara...." She looked unsure and said "Are you sure... you're more important than getting laid" I said "Kara it's fine...." After eating breakfast we left to the hospital. I entered the Intern locker room, placed my bag in my locker and Dr. Parker assigned me to the clinic where I spent the hole day just checking on patients. I was going to spend the night at my moms old house, but I remembered that I didn't have a car... I didn't want to bother anyone and I wasn't going to go home so I went into an on call room and spent the night there. The next day I was off so I had basically went to the cafeteria when no one was around, got my food for breakfast and lunch. I remembered since the cafeteria wasn't opened in the night I wouldn't eat dinner so I just went into the on call room and I don't remember anything else, I was just exhausted since I hadn't slept well.....

I tried to remember what I did last night. My whole body froze when I felt lips touching my cheek... I jolted awake and said "Andy?!" He said "Morning...." I said "I'm confused.... what am I doing in your room?" Andrew said "Well after the drinks, I took you to my house and then we had some really hot sex" I was disappointed since I didn't remember that and said "Really..." he noticed my face, laughed and said "I'm messing with you.... if we had sex last night you would have remembered" he winked and I rolled my eyes and said "That still doesn't explain how I'm here...." He said "Well Lia, I had a late shift last night......"

Andrew's POV of last night

I was working till late.... After a 13 hour surgery, I didn't have the strength to go home... I went into an on call room, but I was shocked when I found my girlfriend sleeping there... I tried to remember if she was on call, but she wasn't in fact she had the day off... I shook her awake and Lia groggily said "Huh...." I said "Lia it's me Andrew... what are you doing here, I thought you were staying at Kara's" she said "I was.... But yesterday Kara had plans with Joey and I didn't want her to cancel because I'm some sort of charity case... I was gonna spend the night at the old house but I don't have a car so I didn't want to be a bother to anyone so after working yesterday I spend the night in this on call room." I was shocked and said "Have you eaten anything...." Lia nodded and said "I ate breakfast and late lunch...." I was sad and felt bad for her, she was avoiding Derek that she spent the last two nights in a uncomfortable bed and I said "You're coming home with me...." Lia said "Andy no... I don't need you to take care of me...." I said "Lia I want to...." Lia angrily said "I'm not some charity case Andrew, I don't need you to take care of me because you feel bad" I answered "You're not a charity case Lia, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna leave you here when I can take care of you" Lia said "You feel sorry because you feel guilty my dad called me a whore... because of the hickey YOU left" I said "Yes I feel bad about that because Derek shouldn't have said that, Yes I feel guilty but I...Care about you a lot! And I'm going to take care of my girlfriend because when you're going threw something I don't want you to hide or push me away! I want to be here to help you!!!" Lia was still angry, I thought she was gonna walk away but instead she wrapped her arms around me and said "I'm sorry.... and I um....Thank you...." I felt her relaxed immediately when I hugged her. I kissed her temple and said "Let's go...." I grabbed her bag, the hospital was half empty so in the hallway there was no one in sight and we left threw a back exit of the hospital and made our way to my car. After we got there, I placed her bag on the trunk and helped her in. I pulled out of the parking lot of Grey-Sloan and I started driving home at a slow pace since I didn't want any accidents to happen. After driving for a while, we got to the house and I noticed Lia had fallen asleep. I opened the car door, went to the trunk and got Lia's bag, I walked to the door of the house and opened it. I left her bag in the side and went to get her, I opened her car down and unbuckled her seatbelt. I picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs to my room. I placed her down gently and took off her shoes and socks... I moved carefully trying not to wake her up and placed her under the covers so she wouldn't get cold. I turned on the air conditioner and turned off all the lights except a dim night light in case she had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I got my pajamas, toothbrush, underwear and hair products and headed to the guest room where I spent the night....

Legacies and ScalpelsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara