You're not real

Marvin yawned and cracked his back in the uncomfortable chair as he flipped a page, out of the corner of his eye a man in red leaned against the table.

"How many times have I told you fk sleep at night?" If Marvin rolled his eyes anymore his eyes would be in his skull.

"And how many times have I told you I don't listen to things made up by my magic." Jackie hung his jaw open in disbelief.

"How dare you. I'm very real!" Marvin scoffed and pulled out his chair.

"Sure." He swung his hand through Jackie's body and it went right through.

"Aw come on! That's not fair. Just because your magic made me doesn't mean I'm not real. Think of Ratatouille, he was alone for so long the chef started talking to him." Marvin rolled his eyes and stood from his table, book included. He walked right through Jackie making him narrow his eyes at him.

"But, I can't sleep, I need to figure out this damn stone." Jackie crossed his arms and flopped on Marvin's cold bed.

"Yeah, but I think Jameson cam wait a night."

"Don't you dare!" Marvin's eyes glowed as he looked to the copy. Jackie held up his hands in defence and sat up.

"I mean it though, sleep and food are important. You still haven't told me about chicken." Marvin sighed as he grabbed another book to flip through.

"I don't need sleep, and I got those pills that give me sustenance." A pill bottle appeared in his hands to show him proof. Jackie stuck his tongue out.

"Food tastes better." Marvin rolled his eyes as he took his seat.

"Book number twelve." He mumbled as he opened it. Jackie sighed as he paced the room.

"Can we leave this cabin, I'm getting antsy just staying here inside while a whole world is out there!" Marvin thought he couldn't groan any louder.

"Do you do anything other complain?"

"I keep you company." Marvin laughed.

"Lucky me." He sat for several hours reading and making Jackie go crazy. He wanted Marvin to sleep, he may be fake, a creation made by Marvin's magic, but he still had the feelings of the real Jackie.

"I am literally begging you, go into a fucking coma or something!" Marvin sighed and looked out the smirred window and saw the sun.

"Too late, it's morning." He heard a thump and turned to see Jackie's head smashed to the floor. He was being dramatic, Marvin didn't need to sleep. Jameson being alive was more important then personal well being.

Anti's recent possession had killed JJ and sent Marvin into madness.  He found a cabin in the middle of time, and got stuck. Luckily his magic still worked and he could summon as many books as he needed. But he's been alone for a while which caused his magic to work on it's own.

Marvin took two pills and swallowed without any water or beverage and flipped a page.

"You know, if you were to do this sort of thing to the real Jackie, you'd be six feet under already." Marvin ignored him and continued to read. He had to find it, without Jameson the plan will fail, hell, he didn't even meet the others. Hasn't even made the real Jackie's acquaintance.

"So. What do you want to talk about?"

"Nothing, I want to read." Jackie made an exasperated sigh, he was bored and tired of Marvin's stubborness. If he was going to be honest. He was scared, not only for Marvin, but himself. If Marvin's magic ran out that was it, no more of him. And then who would make sure Marvin was okay?

"Knock knock."

"Oh gods not again." Marvin hit his head against the pages.

"Knock knock." Marvin sighed.

"Who's there?" Jackie smirked and started to bounce around.

"Pie."

"Pie who?"

"Pie can not tell a lie, I chopped the cherry tree." Jackie burst out laughing and Marvin just growled.

"You know, after several months, I would think your jokes would actually get funny." Jackie took deep breaths as he tried to calm down.

"What do you mean? I'm hilarious! So, about chicken."

"Ya know what, how about you read. Might do ya some good."

"What use, I know everything you know."

"So? Reading is tons of fun. Might keep you quiet!" Marvin turned to him and saw him looking out the window.

"You really know nothing about him do you? Jackie has ADHD, and a lot of it, he would try, but it would be hell to concentrate on one." Marvin quickly stood from his chair with book still I'm hand.

"I'm such a dumbass."

"Really?" Jackie watched as Marvin ran out of the house, dragged by the invisible leash, he could only ten feet away from Marvin.

Marvin had salt and was putting it in a circle, he had to get out of here.

"So what's the issue?"

"I need to leave. I'm not going to be able to get the Philosopher stone here. I need to get back to Earth. I need to focus." He set the ritual, reading through another book on the correct words to say.

"Stay quiet will ya."

"I didn't say anything."

"You were planning on it." He spoke the words in an unknown language and Jackie fell to his knees. Marvin was using too much power to keep Jackie. He fizzed in and out, gripping his chest. He couldn't breathe, he looked to Marvin with spots in his vision. Everything went black.

Quick gasps and coughs were heard as Jackie woke up, cement met him as his sense came back to him. He couldn't believe he was still around, alive wasn't the right word. The world started to rumble. He heard a groan and found Marvin.

"Buddy, wake up." He tried to shove him only to go right through him. His voice was not at its peak, his whole body felt wrong, if Marvin used anymore magic.

Marvin came to just in time for an explosion. He turned his head and Marvin got up to investigate. Jackie tried not to get dragged, but he couldn't walk right, he had to almost crawl.

Marvin turned a corner and saw fire, and a silhouette, a big one. His eyes glowed at the ready and Jackie groaned, falling to the ground. His brain was foggy, he attempted to reach for Marvin with no hope. He couldn't breathe and fought back tears as Marvin stood at the ready.

The silhouette stepped out of the smoke cloud coughing and caring several civilians. Marvin almost couldn't believe it, he watched the man in red drop the bodies and count them, making sure they were breathing, he laughed.

"Oh god, I didn't think I was getting out of that one." He chuckled and Jackie gasped, for both air and surprise. That was his voice, which meant Jackie.

The copy crawled painfully closer to watch as Marvin stepped forward. As his body fizzed out he smiled as Marvin spoke up.

"Jackie?" The hero looked up and stood tall, a dangerously serious face met Marvin.

"Who the hell are you? Are you the cause for this fire?" He sounded serious, ready to fight. Marvin only shook his head with a smile.

"No. My name's Marvin, and I am your best friend." Those were the last words the copy heard as he vanished, he almost cried, finally. He was so happy to hear Marvin say those words.