The cult

Marvin scrunched up his face, sleeping deeply, but it was not pleasant. He had a nightmare, The Cult was after him, after his magic. The Cult is considered way worse then the Hunters in the eyes of any magic user. Marvin heard the day before that they found a way of possessing magic users; they hated their ways jealous of the magic they possessed and wanted to either obtain it or destroy it. Marvin's eyes snapped open and he fell onto his mat. Sweat pouring down his face as Holt meowed at him curiously. Marvin took a deep breath and started to pet the medium sized cat.

"I'm okay Holt, I'm okay. I just hope that dream doesn't come to pass." He mumbled the last of the sentence to himself.
-----

Marvin put on his shoes and looked at the grocery list. It was his turn to pick up the groceries and he never enjoyed the travel.

"Anyone need anything else, I'm on my way out!" JJ came out with a small list, ingredients for a cake.

"You got it."

"Want me to come with you? A lot of groups that are not our friends are on the move, you may need back up." Jackie stretched his leg and Marvin shook his head.

"Not that worried, but if you would like I can shield myself." Jackie nodded and sighed.

"All right, but if you need anything, contact me." Marvin nodded in exhaustion and walked out the door. He made a shield and traveled directly to the store by magic. He entered through and started to by his items.

He was lost in thought, thinking of his dream when he felt a lazy arm drape around him.

"Heeey buddy, *hiccup* got any money?" He looked to his right and saw a man that looked intoxicated; alcohol was clear on his breath and tongue. He was very uncomfortable and agreed with Jackie that times were dangerous, especially with The Cult on the loose. He there for knew he couldn't make his presence of magic known. He made a small barrier and shoved the guy off him; not big enough to be detected, but enough to get the drunk off him.

"Um, no I'm sorry, maybe another time." The dunk laughed and smacked Marvin's back.

"Aww, that's fine, see ya later." He wobbled away. Marvin shivered, not really enjoying the thought of someone like that toughing him made him uncomfortable. He quickly got his groceries, payed, and left.

When he got home, he starting to feel sick, feverish. He put the groceries away the best he could and stumbled to his bed.

"Hey Marv, you okay?" Jackie got in his way and felt his forehead Jackie had to resist from ripping his hand away.

"Buddy, you are a little sick, I'd go lay down, and if you can't keep your human form, that's fine, we'll take care of you." Marvin nodded and was getting light on his feet, Jackie had to catch him.

"I got you bud, let's go." Marvin allowed himself to be taken, no energy to even speak. Jackie grabbed a pillow and a blanket and put it on the mat Marvin sleeps on. Jackie gave a mournful gaze watching his best friend snuggle into the blanket. He pet his hair gently and left turning off the light.

"I'll be back in a little." He whispered on his way out.
---

"A̢͘͘҉g̢ai̴̛͠n̷̛!" Anti growled in complete aggravation. JJ scooched over the trash can before the demon could kick it over.

"Oh shut up; you act as if you are any better, you're hell when you get any zickness!" Schneep lectured, smacking him with a book. Anti scowled at him and Jackie placed the tea and soup on a tray to take up to Marvin.

"Come one guys, be nice." He said on his way up.
----

*A few minutes before*
Marvin rolled around, trying to sleep through his sickness. Then his body started to move on its own, Marvin didn't get up, but his body did.