𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

One year later

As Seonghwa ventured out of the bathroom, wearing only boxers, hair damp and freshly shaven, he was instantly hit with the mouthwatering scent of dinner floating down from the kitchen.

Already salivating, Seonghwa emerged from the hall to be met with a sight he still wasn't used to, after all this time.

Dressed in tight, light-wash jeans and a dark navy long sleeved shirt, Yeosang looked incredibly domestic as he sifted through overhead cupboards and lifted onto his slipper-covered tippy toes to see into the back of the shelves.

Seonghwa melted.

Yeosang's freshly cut blonde hair was shorter than it had been for some time, no longer falling into his eyes, and it's newfound fluffy-ness had Seonghwa aching to run his fingers through it.

He looked beautiful.

And Seonghwa couldn't help himself.

Coming up behind him, he wrapped his arms around Yeosang's waist, nuzzling his cheek into his soft blonde locks and humming contentedly as he heard the surprised exhale escape him.

'Mmm, baby. It smells so good. What are you cooking?'

Chuckling a little, Yeosang leant into his arms and rested his head back, reaching up to peck him on the cheek. 'Stew. Nothing special... Hey did you get those spices that were on the list?'

Seonghwa hugged him tight, nuzzling closer as he was graced with the soft kiss. 'Mhm. I put them in the bottom cabinet.'

'Oh, I was wondering why I couldn't find them. Hwa, darling, they go up the top. We have lived here for four months. How many times do I have to tell you?'

Seonghwa gave him a goofy smile, trying to win his forgiveness through showering him with affection. 'Sorry~.'

But Yeosang just rolled his eyes. Spinning around in his arms, he reached up and stole away a short kiss, before swatting him away. 'Out of my kitchen~' he said, shooing him over to sit at the breakfast bench instead. 'Out~. I can't have you in here while I'm cooking.'

Seonghwa pouted as he was forced to sit down. 'But I could help!' he countered.

Yeosang seemed to think otherwise. 'Oh please. You're hopeless at cooking. Just sit there and look pretty while I finish.'

Sulking, Seonghwa tore his eyes from the blonde and busied himself with picking up one of Yeosang's novels that was laying on the countertop. It was just one of many in their new flat; probably a new addition to his already wealthy collection.

Flipping through the pages, Seonghwa was immediately overwhelmed with Chinese characters, enough to give him a headache.

And so putting it back down on the cabinet, he leant forward and rested his head atop his hands as he gazed at the blonde cooking.

'Did you pack for tomorrow?' Seonghwa asked, watching him move all of the spices onto the bench and add some to the pot.

'Uh... I will...' Yeosang replied.

Seonghwa sighed. 'Sang, we've known we're going to China for a month now. I may well be hopeless at cooking, but you're hopeless at packing. How come you always leave it until the day of?'

Yeosang groaned. 'Our flight isn't until ten. I have plenty of time.' Dipping his ladle into the pot, he brought up some sauce and blew on it before tasting it.