𝟸𝟾 |

After a long day at work in a building Seonghwa had spent a fair portion of his time lost within, as the clock hand struck seven, a knock was delivered to the outside of his office door.

'Come in,' he called, saving the last of his work and closing down the windows.

And glancing up, his breath left him.

There in the doorway was Yeosang's incredible body, surrounded by a golden afternoon light that made him look like he was fucking glowing. His blonde strands of hair had ribbons of golden light shining through, and his eyes were that deep, warm chocolate brown that had Seonghwa's lips parting in awe...

'Yeosang...' he breathed softly, his jaw hanging open.

'That's Mr. Kang, to you,' Yeosang said firmly, despite a small, sweet smile that grew upon his lips.

And much to Seonghwa's horror, as Yeosang stepped aside, another employee came into sight, wearing a warm smile.

Seonghwa's cheeks burned.

'Mr. Park,' Yeosang said , seeming to be working at hiding an amused smile that was threatening to creep onto his lips. 'A couple of the employees that will be transferred to Seoul with us next fortnight were wondering whether we would like to join them for dinner.'

The man standing behind Yeosang bowed respectfully as he carried his suit jacket in his hands. 'Lovely to meet you. My name is Jung Yunho. I hope we work well together in the future~.'

Seonghwa stood politely, quickly grabbing his briefcase and phone, before hurrying over and returning his polite bow. 'Park Seonghwa, and likewise~'

Two moments later, another employee hurried down the hall, straightening his coat last minute and regaining his breath. He smiled widely at the three of them in the doorway.

And Jung Yunho grabbed a hold of the new person's shirt and dragged him up to them. 'This is Choi Jongho. He's the new intern who will also be transferring with us.'

Both Yeosang and Seonghwa nodded politely, exchanging formalities.

'Shall we go?' Yunho asked. But as he did, a buzzing sounded from his pocket, and as he pulled the top of his phone from it, he bit into a small, sweet smile. 'Sorry, one moment,' he said.

And as he turned around to take the call, Seonghwa heard his voice change entirely, to match the soft smile upon his lips. 'Aww~ Min-ah~ For you, I will get two bags of cat food on my way home...'

Seonghwa raised his eyebrow at Yeosang, who just shrugged.

'Shall we go then?!' Jongho asked, smiling widely. 'Yunho can walk and talk.'

And Seonghwa thought he liked his new work colleagues.

Yeosang smiled, nodding. 'Indeed, let's head.'

~~~

Carrying bags of groceries in their hands, Seonghwa and Yeosang walked idly homeward, with a somewhat awkward silence between them.

Dawdling far slower than necessary, both glanced up at the buildings and the street lights and the people and the stars, and basically just every other place, other than at each other.

But that did not stop them from walking so close, that with almost every step they took, the back of their hands brushed together, and their grocery bags smacked awkwardly...

Nothing bad had happened between them.

It just felt strange...

Walking to a normal apartment, carrying groceries, and knowing that the moment they were showered and ready for bed, they would have to sleep side by side...