𝟷𝟻

'Choi San has requested an audience with us,' said Yeosang as he leant back on the meeting couch in his office.

Sitting opposite him on the couch, Seonghwa rolled his eyes, silently groaning. 'Fantastic. What does he want? Other than to fuck everyone over; my roommate inclusive.'

Yeosang scrolled down on his laptop as he scanned for details. 'Unspecified business,' he read off of the screen.

Seonghwa rolled his eyes again. 'Reject him. If you can't say what you want in this line of work, then what's the fucking point? It's not a walk-in mind reading service. It's an office. State what you want or get out.'

Yeosang looked up, raising an eyebrow at his outburst, before chuckling. 'Anyone would think you had a crush on your roommate, you hate this other guy so much.'

Seonghwa glared at him. 'I do not. I just know that the moment Wooyounh finds out he's been lied to, he'll be heartbroken, and I will be the one that has to help pick up the pieces.'

Yeosang nodded, although he didn't seem to believe him. 'Alright.' He tapped a button, and a whooshing sound filled the room. 'RSVP rejected. Next agenda.'

Seonghwa heaved a sigh of relief that he had been listened to.

He really hoped that he'd never have to lay eyes on that man, or his wife, ever again.

~~~

Sitting at his desk reviewing the last points on his report before he sent it off, Seonghwa startled as his boss' secretary suddenly appeared beside him.

'Mr. Park. This is for you.'

Seonghwa glanced down to see the girl handing him a sticky note with handwriting on it. 'Oh... Thank you...' he said, frowning at the paper as the girl bowed and then walked away.

Ding.

Seonghwa glanced at his computer to find a Microsoft Teams ping appear at the bottom of his screen.

Microsoft Teams: CEO KANG
Business trip this weekend. Sticky note coming your way with the details of what we need to bring.
Five days, four nights total, not including tonight. We fly out at 8pm, so I will be leaving the office at six. Be in the car park by then, and bring your reports and proposal I saw you pretending you weren't working on. I want to read them on the flight.

Seonghwa couldn't help but sigh with amusement. Nothing ever made it past Yeosang's sharp eyes.

A business trip.

Seonghwa took a deep breath, glancing at the time. Four oh-nine. He had just under two hours to finish up everything here, before they would have to go.

And boy was he swamped.

Remind me why I chose to go into this profession, he asked himself, picking up his pen once more and flicking it in his fingers.

This job is going to be the death of me.

~~~

The meeting was to be held at a secluded five-star resort, exclusive to members only. It was the kind of place Seonghwa had never thought even existed, and so every four seconds when he found himself gawking at the high ceilings and grand paintings and architecture, Yeosang had had to elbow him in the side, bringing him back into work mode.

'Your key cards, gentlemen,' said a man wearing white gloves and a pristine work uniform from behind the admin desk.

Seonghwa went to bow, but a particularly hard elbow reminded him a nod was only necessary.