"I'm sorry for bringing that up."

"No no! It's fine! Really. I don't even remember him much." I told him honestly and he was quiet.

"Ace?" he hummed in response.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, Harper. I have to go." I was slightly disappointed but I know that he has his own life too so I can't just keep him all to myself. Though I wish I could.

"Okay. Bye." I said, hiding my disappointment.

"Later." he said, then we hung up. I sighed and picked up the book again, sitting up again.

I grabbed my phone and my earphones, and plugged them in. I found a few songs that matched the book and played them on loop.

The pitter patter of the rainfall on my window was also very relaxing. I glanced outside and observed how the raindrops slid down the glass and how it got all foggy so everything outside seemed blurry.

This type of weather over everything!

I looked away and continued reading. Page after page was turned as I was so engrossed in the writing, every now and then letting my mind drift off to Ace, losing track of time.

When I looked outside again, it was dark. The clouds became heavier with rain as the thunder and lightning started.

I always loved thunder and lightning, especially when it was nighttime. Call me a psychopath but this is very soothing to me. I also loved falling asleep to it.

I put my book down, got up from my comfortable bed and walked into my bathroom, deciding to take a long warm shower.

I turned in on, stripped and got in allowing the warm water hit my skin, instantly making my muscles less tense. I scrubbed my skin with my favourite sugar scrub and then went in with a body wash. I stood in the shower, lost in thought.

Thinking about Ace. No not like that.

I closed my eyes and mentally scolded myself for thinking of him. We're just friends. Nothing more. But for some stupid reason, ever since the day he talked to me. I couldn't help but feel like there was something.

There was something about him that was very familiar? I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something. My mind went back to what happened this morning and how he reacted when I saw this framed photos of us. It made me very uneasy.

He was hiding something and maybe I was too, in a way. I just couldn't remember and that made me mad. Why can't I remember such a simple thing?

He obviously does. And I can't make him tell me. It seemed that he doesn't want to talk about it. I could ask my mom but would she tell me? And I can't help but wonder, did something happen to me?

Is there something wrong with me?

Probably.

Before all this, I've never really cared that I couldn't remember much about my childhood because I've never had anyone to talk about it to. You know? Like the topic never came up. But now, it's starting to really affect me.

It's as if I don't even remember part of me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned off the shower when I realized I've probably been in here for more than I had anticipated.

I stepped out and wrapped my towel around myself and started brushing my teeth as I stared at myself in the mirror wondering what the fuck was wrong with me.

I rinsed my mouth and then washed my face. I got out of the bathroom, grabbed his clothes and slipped them on.

So freaking comfortable.