V - Leaving Him Behind

Start from the beginning

He hugged me tightly, and then pulled away. "Enough of that. Tell me what happened after you left."

I sighed as he sat down in the other leather chair beside me. "Elijah told us to run. He subdued Mikael. I wanted to stay and help him, but he knew that I was weak because I had tried so hard to protect you. He only knew that I wasn't strong enough, but he didn't know why."

"We went to Chicago for a short time. We befriended a man named Stefan Salvatore, who had been turned with Katerina Petrova's blood. Do you remember her?"

He nodded. "I remember Klaus speaking of how he hated her."

"Yes. He did."

He licked his lips before speaking. "Rose... Did Rebekah...?"

I nodded sadly. "Yes, she did. She and Stefan were together for a while."

He looked down at the ground, biting his lip a little. "Good. I'm happy that she moved on."

"Don't lie to me, Marcel." I muttered. "And I won't do the same."

Marcel nodded slowly. "I've had my fair share of flings since all of you left, but it hurts... That she moved on so soon." He muttered.

I smiled. "It's alright. I know. It's hard to move on, but you have to."

Marcel stayed quiet for a moment, then asked the question that I had been dreading. "Why did you leave?"

I bit my lip. "Well... It was Elijah."

I stormed into the house, following after an equally annoyed Elijah. "I'm not done with you yet!" I hissed.

Elijah didn't say a word as he continued into the living room. I grabbed his wrist and he turned around to face me.

"Why would you go to her?! After everything she has done!"

"Do not forget your own sins, Rose." He growled.

"Still! She tried to kill not only Klaus, but myself as well!"

"You can not force me to stay." He argued.

"I'm not trying to force you! I'm telling you my opinion on the situation!"

He suddenly became angered, darting forwards to get as close to me as possible. "I don't care about your opinion!"

I stared at him, absolutely shocked. How could he say that? 

I backed away slowly, seeing regret come over his face. "Even Klaus, the man that everyone seems to think is beyond salvation... Even he takes my thoughts into consideration."

He came forwards, obviously regretting what he had said. But that changed nothing. 

He reached down to touch my hand. "Rose, I-"

I moved my hand away, anger coming over me. "No!" I hissed. "I don't want to hear your apology."

"But I-"

"Just stop!" I snarled, reaching forwards and shoving him back so hard that he stumbled and almost fell over the coffee table. "You're the one that everyone should hate. You're the one who lies." I hissed, moving further away from him. "You said that the four of us would always be together. That's what you told me when you came back. Instead you're leaving us for a woman who only wants you because she thinks you'll protect her from Klaus! Even when she doesn't deserve it!"

He stayed completely silent now. He knew that I would never forgive him for this. 

"When you realize what she is really like, don't come running back to us. Because I don't want you here." I said, then spun around and walked out of the room, running up the stairs.