Final Memoir

20th of January

Caly,

I always see your scribbles everywhere. Grocery receipts, newspapers, tissue papers, or even on the post-it notes on our bed-side table.. but I seldom see you writing a lot until I saw this memoir of yours while we were packing our things before we moved in to our own place we now call our own home. 

I can say that most of the entries are all about me and I fell in love more while reading your thoughts about me, about us, and about the things you learned. I won't deny.. you were a real douche and I could still remember the Caly I hated when I was reading the first entries. Nakakainis pero natuwa ako sa mga nabasa ko. Because you grew along with your memoir. You grew while figuring out your feelings for me and I guess that's a win for me, right?

You did fell hard. I am, too.

You waited and I waited for our chances, too.

We accepted our past despite the pain it costs us.. we accepted it for the sake of this home we have now.

A lot of things did happened since your last memoir here which challenged us to be a better individual, a parent, and a partner. It tested how tight our hold was to each other and we almost gave up... or I, rather, almost gave you up. But you never did. As you always say here, you'd wait for me and that's exactly how we dealt with it.

We have our Maegan. You gave me a family. You gave me a son. You gave me someone to love as much as I love you.. so thank you for him.. thank you because you taught me how to become a parent, and your better half.

I already promised you when we took our vow. Alam mo na 'yon. You have the whole video clip and up until now, I still caught you playing it over and over again as if it's a clip from my runway shows. Baka nga saulo mo na rin, e... hindi mo lang inaamin.

And it's okay, Cal. Ako lang 'to.

Kidding aside, I don't really know why I'm writing here now. Siguro nainggit lang ako sa ganda ng handwriting mo dito at medyo competitive ako kaya nagsulat rin ako ngayon... or because I wanted to say something to you.

I always have a dream of being a mother.. not only to Maegan but to a stranger that I'd give and carry on my whole life.. but I also know how we talked about prioritizing our marriage and career first. Your flights and your responsibilities, my runways and my shoots.. there's a lot in the line and it was really hard to decide something that would literally turn the tables.. (we've seen it in the family XD particularly with your cousins and it was sooo chaotic!!!) until one morning and I checked.

I think we're about to make a great team, Cal. With Maegan and our little ones.. I bet we'd turn this home into a chaotic jungle but I won't care less. I would love to see it with you.. the life we dreamt of.

I love you my Buenvenidez. 

I love you my Fontana.

I love you my Calypso Mikhail.

I love you in this world without end of ours.

And lastly.... Happiest Birthday, Daddy!

Love,

Jade Richela Hangelline Dela Vega-Fontana