SPECIAL CHAPTER

Dusk beneath the City Lights is the book I never expected I'd fall for. I know I already shared some facts about this book but I am saying it again. This book was not part of the plan. I was supposed to gatekeep Caly then I just found myself writing him and giving him a shot on this because I love the version of love he portrays. The one that waits and accepts.

Our world today needs more of that. During the pandemic and out of boredom, we tend to misconceptualize love with all the overwhelming feelings we feel along the challenges in our daily lives. As I reflect on that while I write this book, I realized how people are slowly learning to wait and accepts the destined fate for them. I know sometimes it opposes the things we want, and the things we planned of. May mga bagay tayo na hinangad mangyari pero iba ang dumating sa atin. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't. And we have to accept it. Coz there's no other choices but to accept even if it's hard.

But I hope you also find the worth in waiting.. that one day, the pain will be gone and you will finally land on the place you dreamt of. That one day, the waiting will be worth it no matter how long it took and how hard the process is. Minsan may mga bagay na mahirap tanggapin at intindihin, mahirap paniwalaan dahil nangyari na, pero palagi't palaging may pagkakataon para maghintay. Maghintay sa isang araw na ngingiti kang muli, unti unti mong maiintindihan, at unti unti kang maliliwanagan sa naging ikot ng mundo.

Kailangan mo lang maghintay at magtiwala.

✧✧✧

Note: The timeline of this special chapter will revolve around the mid-part of the story. Basically, this happened during the time skips. I hope that explains why it wasn't seen on the previous posted chapters. Thank you and enjoy reading!

"8PM. Okada Manila,"

"Roundtrip. Manila to Singapore. I'll be there before the show starts, I promise." He said and leaned to kiss me on the lips.

Umiling ako nang lumayo siya at hinawakan ko ang pisngi niya, "Kapag hindi mo kaya dahil pagod ka na, okay lang," I assured him but he just shook his head and sat on the stool.

Narito kami sa kitchen ngayon para sa almusal. Kakagising niya lang at naghahanda naman ako ng simpleng breakfast namin. During normal days, madalas tanghali pa ang gising naming dalawa but since we have work today, we had to prepare early. Ihahatid niya muna ako sa Okada bago siya dumiretso sa airport para sa roundtrip flight niya.

This has been our routine since I moved in with him and we started living together. In my two years of relationship with Caly, I already learned a lot of things and of course, I also learned things about him, at ganoon rin siya sa akin. It was a long process of give and take. Giving what I can and taking what he's able to give. We also made sure we'd be each other's support system and sanctuary.

"I don't want to miss any of your shows," He stated.

I sighed and nodded while waiting for our toasted bread. Hinanda ko na ang dalawang plates at nailagay ko na rin doon ang sunny side up eggs.

"Pero please know that it's really fine with me," Ani ko saka umupo sa tabi niya.

He then chuckled before wrapping his arm around my waist. He leaned closer as he tried to sniff on my hair.

"Baka magtampo ka, e.."

I snorted, "Hindi na ako bata, Caly. Bakit naman ako magtatampo?" Natatawa kong tanong sa kanya saka siya bahagyang hinarap.

"Baka lang. Saka isa pa, gusto ko ring manood."

I smirked.

"Kasi nasa line up ang ilang ex mo 'no?"