40

Things began the moment I stopped on the dusk to keep myself away from the pouring rain. I could still remember it clearly.

It was a little decision I made that changed my whole life. It changed the way I think and the way I see people. That was also the day that I realized how my life was always at sake but it stopped when I found a place in someone's life.

My childhood was not fun but it made tough. Going back to the days when I fear people, and the times where we have to hide from time to time because death might surprises us with a bullet—It was a huge shadow of my past that tested my whole life.

Life challenged my purpose. It showed me ways during difficult times and meanings everytime I'm losing it. It taught me to trust, to accept, and to love. It taught me that someone's past is not supposed to be the chain that holds them back to their mistakes. Because after all, we're humans, we're flawed and we're vulnerable.

And my vulnerability was what made me go on through the maze I got lost into. It was what freed me from the chains of my past. It was that bit of dusk beneath the city lights. It showed me different destinations and one of it has led me home.

"Calypso Mikhail Buenvenidez Fontana," I whispered, warning him.

He wouldn't just let me go out of his car to meet his brother. Hawak hawak niya parin ang kamay ko at tila ba wala talaga siyang balak na pakawalan ako.

"C'mon! I need to see them! Hindi ako pwedeng malate sa shoot, ano ba!" Ani ko saka hinila palayo ang kamay ko pero umiling lang siya.

"Sama ako..." he whined like a child.

I breathe and shook my head, "Your cousins are waiting for you. You should go." 

"They'd understand.."

"No they won't," Agap ko saka buong pwersang inagaw na ang kamay ko para makalabas na.

I could even hear him calling and whining my name as I shut the door. Naglakad na ako papalapit kina Caius at narinig ko na rin ang pagsarado ng pinto ng sasakyan ni Caly.

Talagang sumunod pa, oh!

"Hi! Ang tagal niyo namang lumabas..." Makahulugang sabi ni Kestrielle.

I sighed and just smiled for a pardon. Tinaasan naman ako ng kilay ni Caius bago siya bumaling sa Kuya niya na nasa tabi ko na ngayon. Pakiramdam ko, kung ano ano na ang naiisip niya ngayon.

"Bakit naman kasi kung kailan Christmas Eve saka mags-shoot?" Inis na tanong ni Caly.

I pursed my lips when I saw how annoyed he is and how Kestrielle is mocking him while mimicking the movements of his lips. Para siyang bata.

"Ah, nakakatawa 'yon, buntis?" Ani pa ni Caly.

Kestrielle pouted and rolled her eyes.

"Caly, kakauwi ko lang galing New York. Hindi ako kumuha ng ibang photographer para sa maternity shoot ko dahil si Rich ang gusto ko. Buti nga umabot pa siya bago ako manganak," Natatawa niyang sabi.

"Kailan ba 'yan?" I asked, looking at her bump. She looks like she's about to give birth today.

"January 1 raw. Kabirthday ni Caius.." She said and looked at Caius.

Impit akong tumawa kay Cai pero inirapan niya lang ako.

"Hindi naman halatang gustong gusto mo ang kapatid ko, ano?" Si Caly.

"Hindi rin naman halatang inggit na inggit ka 'no?" Laban ni Kestrielle sa kanya.

I sighed heavily and get in between them. Hindi titigil ang dalawang 'to hangga't hindi nila napipikon ang isa't isa. Para silang kaming dalawa ni Caius, sa totoo lang.