Chapter 22

TW: blood, biting

George's face dropped as he observed what creature was standing in front of him. Head tilted back, blood flowing from the corners of his mouth, tracking along his cheekbones and neck. The psychopathic laugh was still ringing in his ears, playing it on repeat. It was like he saw a completely different person in front of him, nothing like the Dream who had protected him for the past weeks.

He blinked a few times as he heard a deafened 'thud' from Dream's victim falling onto the ground. He gulped in terror, watching how the blond's gaze switched directions between him and Sapnap and the man he had just brutally murdered and drained. Moonlight highlighted his red cheekbones and other parts of his features, giving extra effect to the terror on his face.

Both he and Sapnap kept standing there bewilderedly, not a clue on what to say or how to act. Dream just watched both of them like he was scared of what was going to happen, taking a few steps away from them.

'Don't you dare to run away now,' Sapnap suddenly broke the silence with the threatening words, confidently walking towards him. The man seemed extremely pissed at his friend, stopping just in front of him.

'I don't know WHAT happened to you or WHY you're suddenly like this, but we're going to have a nice long conversation once we get you back home.' George noticed how Dream wasn't at all paying attention to his friend, rather constantly taking in all of George.

'LISTEN TO ME!' Sapnap demanded, grabbing him by his chin and pushing him against the hard bricks forcefully. 'I-'

He instantly stopped as Dream began to whisper something, removing his friend off of him without any effort and slowly walking over to George. He nervously swallowed, he and Sapnap sharing a confused look.

'I- I saw you die,' he whispered, touching his face with shaking hands, 'h- he stabbed you, how is this- how are you-' The brunet removed Dream's hand from his face, furrowing his eyebrows. The blond looked hurt by the action, but understood he was standing in George's personal space and took a step back.

Suddenly all emotion was wiped from the blond's face, like he had realized something. He stepped closer to George, earning an uncomfortable shift from the boy.

'You're a hallucination, aren't you? Just a part of my brain that wishes you back so badly that it's forming a fake you.' George just stared at him like he had gone crazy, taking the other's cold, reddish hand.

'Dream, I'm not a hallucination, alright?' He gulped as the other firmly grabbed his hand, smashing him at the irregular street. He hissed in pain, a pressing feeling spreading through his head from its back. Faintly he heard Sapnap yelling at them, but he couldn't make out the words.

'STOP TORTURING ME, JUST TELL ME YOU'RE NOT REAL, I KNOW YOU'RE NOT. PLEASE, JUST STOP!' The boy hysterically screamed at him, uncontrollably shaking his body to make him say something, but the words didn't reach his mouth.

His eyes flew open as Dream stopped moving, falling on top of him. His head was buried into his neck, their bodies pressed against each other fully. He could barely breathe due to the other's weight pressing upon him, carefully pushing him aside. He glanced up, noticing Sapnap with the top of a trash bin in his hand.

'Are you okay?'

'I-,' he stuttered, 'm- my head hurts.' The other offered him a hand, which he gladly took. Both of them stared down at Dream, then at each other.

'What did Techno do to him?' He whispered to Sapnap, watching how the wind was moving Dream's dirty hair. The man with the bandana shook his head, shaken up by what had occurred just then.