Chapter 8

TW: Blood, death, abuse

Dream slowly approached his target, having other plans than to kill the person. Even though his shoes touch the ground, there's no noise to be heard. It's like even the wooden floor is scared of what he can do. On the table before the person, an opened box of pizza is spreading its smell through the room. If Dream could eat human food, he would've definitely eaten that delicious-looking pepperoni pizza. But unfortunately for vampires, they couldn't feed on anything other than blood. He remembered the time Sapnap was so stupid to try a bite of a sandwich, and then nearly died. After that, he had spent the whole day throwing up and choking at least once every five minutes. At some point, Dream truly believed he was about to die due to the amount of blood he was coughing up. The corners of his mouth lifted and he almost let out a laugh at the brainless action of his friend. He knew it shouldn't be as funny as it is, but he couldn't help it.

Stupid idiot.

His target, sitting on the couch, suddenly turns his head in his direction. Dream just manages to hide behind a near wall, grinning at his successful action. He really needed to stop thinking about other things while focusing on what he actually has to do.

With immense speed he moved before the couch, making direct eye contact with the male sitting there. His eyes widened at the sight of Dream, but before he even had the chance to react the blond had pushed him down again.

'Sit still, I'm not going to hurt you.' Normally he would use this sentence to calm a human before killing them, but this was an exception. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't kill this boy. He simply had to make sure he couldn't remember any of this, it would be too much information for him to handle.

'Keep looking at me.' The boy instantly followed his order, falling into a trance. Dream wondered how that must be for humans, to be so powerless to a stronger creature like a vampire, to have to execute everything they're told by one.

'I've never been in your house, you've never even seen my face.' He watched the boy taking it in, his eyes closing slightly. 'The only thing you remember is how you watched TV all night and accidentally fell asleep on the couch.

The male nodded slowly. He kept staring at the place Dream had been in, even when he left the house and went home, his mission succeeded.

0-=-=-=-=-=-0

George was floating in the middle of the ocean, the full moon visible in the corner of his eyes. Waves were crashing onto him, throwing him in all directions. He screamed for help, but he couldn't open his mouth. Water was engulfing him, pulling him down to the depths of the dark sea. The surface became more and more indistinct by the second when he gave up and closed his eyes.

'George wake up! We're going to be late!' His eyes flew open when he was met with Karl, who was shaking him in an attempt to wake him up.

That was probably the reason for that nightmare, thanks Karl.

'Late, late for what?' He muttered, still half sleeping. He was about to let the bed take him away from reality when Karl yanked him out of it, resulting in him falling on the ground.

'School! Now get dressed!' George groaned, cursing at school's way of distorting his ability to sleep. It was quite annoying how life was so conflicting; your body needs sleep but people want you to go to school early. It just didn't make sense, like a lot of other things.

Without his brain being actually awake, he plodded to the bathroom so he could change. Karl had brought him some fresh clothes as he didn't bring any when they decided he'd sleep here. He put on black trousers with a purple sweater on top of it. The soft clothing was a bit big on him, but he didn't mind the oversized outfit.