Chapter 13

'I'm a vampire, George'

He didn't know how telling him so directly would influence George, but it felt good to have that weight lifted from his shoulders. At least he didn't have to act so shadily around him. Maybe he'd take it surprisingly well?

Like many times, he was wrong regarding emotion.

George burst out laughing, leaving him clueless about what was happening. He just glared at him dumbfounded while the other was struggling for oxygen.

'Don't avoid telling me the truth like that,' the smaller male spoke when he had calmed down, still catching his breath. 'It was funny though.'

Of course he didn't believe him. He hated the fact humans were so dense, especially in these kinds of moments. He grabbed George's hands firmly, thereby focusing the brunet's attention on him again.

'I'm not kidding.' He watched how his face fell into seriousness again and he unlocked their hands from each other. He lost himself in his chocolate-colored eyes, searching there for some sort of an understatement. He brought his face closer to the other's, their skins just inches away from each other.

'Prove it then,' he whispered, not breaking their gaze.

Prove it.

Prove it.

Prove it.

How do I prove it?

The two daring words repeated themselves as a thousand possibilities were forming in his head on how to show him. Only one thing, as dismaying it might be for George, stood out of all the other ones. How closer they moved to one another, how more he expected the boy to back off. The warm aura of his skin tickled him, making him feel more alive than he had felt in quite some time. The sound of the male's heart speeding up caught his ears, but he still didn't move away.

Hesitantly he parted his dark-pink lips, revealing two extremely sharp white fangs. The long teeth rested over his lower lip, almost touching George's due to how close they were. As soon as the brunet looked down, an audible and surprised gasp left his mouth. Finally, the male backed away from him with his well-deserved fear clearly visible in his body language.

'Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you.' He intended it to sound comforting, but he began to get the message it was affecting him in quite the opposite way. The blond reached out for George's hand again, but he pulled it away as soon as he noticed. The other didn't respond as he backed away from him until he hit the wall behind him, no possible way of creating more distance. Dream closed his mouth again as he noticed how fast George's chest was rising and falling.

'I- I- I need to-,' Dream watched as the brunet struggled with his words, stumbling to the door leading to the hallway. He was quick to follow him when he disappeared out of vision, trailing him all the way through the house to the front door.

'George don't go-' He was silenced by the door being slammed into his face, receiving two befuddled glares from Sapnap and Karl, who were still in the same spot as before. With a noticeable groan, he aggressively opened the creaky entrance, stalking George while thinking about how much he had screwed up.

0-=-=-=-=-=-0

Pictures of the two out of nothing appeared fangs were staining his brain, occupying every space that was needed to function properly. Every single question he'd had past few days was making sense now, but it also really wasn't.

It isn't real. You will wake up in your own bed at any time now.

But the more time passed, the less convincing that thought proved to be.

His Protector | DreamNotFoundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें