Rainy Confession |9|

Start from the beginning

Stephen hated watching these kind of movies, it made his energy negative. He closed his eyes and waited for the scene to be over with. Tony noticed, and gently held his hand to comfort him.

——

Everything was silent on the screen, then a jump scare appeared.

"AHHH!" Tony and Stephen both yelled, they held each other, they were practically hugging. Even though they were scared, the two of them enjoyed this a lot. 

Tony loved jumped scares, he had a huge smile on his face, waiting for the next one. He had fun laughing and screaming with Stephen.

After 2 hours of screaming, laughing, and Stephen crying, it was over. "Damn, we've been holding hands the whole time." Tony pointed out. Their hands were frozen together, they slowly untwined from each other.

As they were walking out of the theater, Stephen dabbed his tears with a tissue, "How can a scary movie be so sad?" He sniffled. "It wasn't that sad, at least the other characters lived."

"They can't just kill off a character like that!"

"Eh, I didn't like him anyway."

They made their way to a bridge. "Wow..." Stephen gasped. The bridge overlooked New York City. The sun was setting, the city lights were flashing, the weather was nice, everything was perfect.

Come on Stephen, this is your chance. Confess to him...

Stephen gripped on to the railing and looked down at the water, "Careful." Tony said as he put his arm in front of Stephen's chest. "I don't want you to fall."

There was a brief sound of thunder in the back, it sounded beautiful. They both turned around, there was a storm coming their way. "Let's go inside before it rains." Tony told him.

Stephen reached out for Tony's wrist, stopping him from leaving, "Before you do..."

Tony wants to leave, this feels rushed... I don't know if I should do this now.

An intense rumble emerged from the storm. Stress started to overtake Stephen, this wasn't the perfect moment. "You're right... let's go inside."

"What? Didn't you want to tell me something? Come on, let's stay."

"No... no, let's go inside before it rains. This is my only tuxedo." Stephen conjured a portal. "After you..." He smiled.

Tony knew something was up, he had a skeptical frown. "You sure you don't want to stay?" He asked Stephen. He nodded, "Yeah. Let's go inside now."

They entered a fancy restaurant. A waiter greeted them, "Mr. Stark! It's a pleasure to have you here."

Stephen looked at Tony, he knew he had an ego boost. Tony had a blank, but 'cool', facial expression. "Thanks, we'll take a table by the big windows."

"Of course sir, right this way."

Tony winked at Stephen, they followed the waiter. The table was dressed in fine tablecloth, there were two champagne glasses on the table. "Get that out of here, Stephen doesn't turn 21 until November."

Stephen's eyes widened with a giddy grin, he never told Tony his birthday. They sat down and viewed the menu.

(Watcher's note: Sorry to ruin the experience, but whoever created this timeline did not provide any details on them ordering their food. They're too lazy to do so. Let's time-skip to their food arriving.)

"Wow, this looks incredible." Stephen was in awe at how beautiful his burger looked. "I can't believe you ordered a burger at a fancy restaurant..." Tony murmured.

"At least I didn't order whatever the hell that is." Stephen gestured at Tony's platter. He rolled his eyes, "Also, I thought you didn't eat unhealthy."

"It's a veggie burger."

"Ah, makes sense." Tony said as he took a bite out of his food. It began to pour outside; Stephen closed his eyes and took in the beautiful sounds of the rain. Thunder roared across the sky.

"Beautiful..." Stephen whispered.

"Thank you, I am beautiful."

Stephen's eyes opened, "Stark."

He laughed, "Yes, the rain is beautiful... I'm so used to it after living in Boston for so long. I guess it's only beautiful whenever you're with the right person..." Tony remarked with a captivating smile, staring right into Stephen's eyes.

Stephen stared back at him, mirroring the same smile. "What do you mean by that?" He softly asked.

"What I mean is... I only find beauty in things you care about."

"...I care about you."

"You're damn right I'm beautiful." They both chuckled. After Tony stopped laughing he said, "Let's go back on the bridge. I feel like you had something you wanted to tell me."

"It's pouring."

"I'll buy you another suit, I promise." Tony smiled. "Alright then... I can't wait."

"Me too, I'm curious to know what you had to say." Tony wiped his mouth with a napkin. "I hope you'll like it." Stephen lightly told him. "Oh, I know I will."

——

As promised, they went back to the bridge. It wasn't raining as hard, it was barely light enough to touch their clothes. Stephen held his hand in the air, feeling the rain touch his palm.

"So..." Tony looked down at the water, with an excited smile. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Well..." Stephen breathed out with a small smile. They both directly stood in front of each other, Stephen looked down into Tony's brown eyes. Their hands collided, perfectly joining each other.

"I remember on my first day of college, my mentor had told me I had roommates, and I was upset about it. And then I met you, and I was even more upset because you were a bit of a douche. But you put yourself out there, revealing your true self. And... if I'm being honest, I... I fell for you. I fell for you hard. I've been denying it for awhile now, but I've came to accept it. This morning on the plane... um, I pictured us kissing. It freaked me out because I felt like I was betraying your trust. And-"

Tony interrupted Stephen's words by pulling him in for a kiss. Tony's hands moved across Stephen's head, embedding into his soft hair. Stephen's hands supported their balance by placing them on Tony's hips. There was no tongue initiated in their kiss, it was only their lips passionately touching.

They pulled apart, foreheads touching each other, while gasping for air. "I've been wanting to do that for so long..." Stephen whispered. Tony stroked his hair, "Stephen I-I... I really like you, a lot. And I... I hope we can become a couple, if you want."

Stephen kissed his cheek, "I'd love to..."

"Well then... I'm proud to have you as my boyfriend, wizard."  

They giggled together, recalling whenever Tony had said something similar to that after they first met.