Fortunately, that was where the alchemized nose ring made by the infamous Axel Gilbert came in. Even if its scent is flavorless the azreck crystal embedded in the silver nose ring will alert the wearer.

Depending on the level of threat, the silver will become warm. If it was extremely poisonous above its measurement scale it would become hot before turning black.

"Is there a problem?"

"No. Nothing at all" Ann smiled awkwardly. She had been suspiciously staring at the medicine Kalan gave her instead of drinking it. It was natural that he would be concerned.

Judging by the reaction of the nose ring, the medicine Kalan gave her was neither drugged nor poisonous. It felt cold as usual, resulting in a prick on her consciousness for suspecting him again.

"Bottoms up"

Ann knew from experience that any and all hangover medicine in this world tasted like it was manufactured to kill a person's taste buds. She took a deep breath before finishing the contents in one go.

"Ackk..."

And she was right.

"Why don't they make medicines that taste good?"

Unable to handle the bitterness of the medicine, she searched through her satchel and pulled out a small pouch. Inside the pouch was the sour candy Melina made for her.

Ann hurriedly popped one in her mouth.

"Hmmm" She relaxed and closed her eyes enjoying the taste. After hours of rolling in pain, she was finally able to rest.

Just as the candy melted in her mouth, the pain in her head disappeared. To her delight, the medicine that Kalan gave her was fast in its healing abilities.

"Thank you for the medicine Mr. Kal..." Ann started thanking him, holding her hands like a prayer. Then she realized she was about to address him by his first name as if it was natural.

"I mean...Mr. Verglas."

"Please just address me as usual. Mr. Verglas is my grandfather"

"Ok, then Mr. Kalan. I, Antarctica Leveret, am grateful to you"

Ann bowed theatrically, causing Kalan to let out an amused laugh.

"By the way, why do you have a hangover cure? You don't seem like the type to drink a lot"

Kalan answered with a smile,

"Ezra gets drunk often"

"Really?" Ann asked in surprise. 

To think that the prim and proper Knight-looking Ezra to actually be a comrade in arms was unexpected. She was looking at both of them in a different light.

"You are a really considerate Boss, Mr.Kalan. Also....."

Ann brought her horse closer to his and whispered into his ear,

"Where can I get more of this wonderful green substance?"

Kalan became stiff after hearing her whisper in a husky voice. Contrary to his reaction, Ann was looking at him with hopeful eyes expecting a positive answer.

"It was made by my family doctor. We can get some more when we reach home"

"Sure, let's go home" Ann smiled brightly.

The gears inside her head were turning at an incredible rate making calculations for possible detours during their return journey to Velven at famous alcohol destinations. The added advantage of instant hangover cure opened up a number of lanes that were previously unreachable.