"That's dangerous." he said and I was confused.

"Why?" I said.

"People can hurt you." was his response. Wow. That's logical.

"I guess, but you can't think like that because you'll never have any friends." I said.

But earlier he said that even the devil needs one!

"Are we friends?" he asked, I nodded without hesitation. He sighed and looked away from me into the distance and it was quiet for a while. It's weird, but I found peace in his silence. It felt comfortable and not as awkward.

"I don't need friends but for some fucking reason. I care about you too Harper." he said quietly, and I was shocked.

"You said that people could hurt you." I told him.

"Nobody could hurt me. It's you I'm worried about." he said. I shook my head at him, "Would you ever hurt me?" he questioned.

"No, of course not dear devil." something flashed in his dead eyes but it went away quickly so I couldn't tell what it was.

"You're right. I might be the devil but all I need is one, one person. And that person is you." he said, leaving me completely and utterly speechless.

Wow.

Some feeling in between happiness and butterflies erupted in me.

"You said we're friends. So what is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"It means we get to know each other." I suggested. He smirked faintly.

"Yeah?" I hummed in response.

"I've never had a real friend before." he said making me frown.

"That's not true. Grey is your friend." I said, he shook his head.

"Besides Grey." Um excuse me. I am sir.

"You have me now." He seemed satisfied with my response.

"Okay. Tell me something about yourself." he said.

"You first." I said confidently. He rolled his eyes and gave me a look. Daring me to continue my stubbornness. I shot back that same look.

"Ask me something then."

"Fine. What's your favourite colour." I asked giving in.

"The colour of the sky right now." he replied, and I looked up at the sky then nodded.

"Yours?" he said, seeming genuinely curious.

"Pink! Like the kind of pink you see in the sunrise. That light and soft shade. You know?" I said. He nodded almost to himself.

"We both like the colour of skies." he noted.

"Now tell me about yourself." he said. I laughed at his demanding tone.

"I like to wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise sometimes." I said.

"Figured." he said.

"Now you!" I said, he chuckled quietly.

"I like to read." he replied and once again, I was shocked but a huge smile broke out on my face.